PDA

View Full Version : 450R or YFZ450

red250extreme
05-26-2005, 06:38 PM
O.K. I have narrowed it down to two quads the 450r and the yfz. I have read as many articles and shootouts as i could between these 2 and all of them say the yfz wins. If I get the honda i will be buying as much parts until it equals the same as the yfz. Right now i am likeing the R better can sum1 help me out. Now when i get this i will be mx racing it so try and keep that in mind.

Thanx

jshtex
05-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Man I pretty much hate it when people reply to posts with SEARCH but dang this one has been beat to death.

Don't let (for the most part) kids on the internet who really only know what they have read in forums make a big decision like that for you.

RIDE THEM BOTH AND PICK THE ONE YOU LIKE!

PS I didn't vote.....

Fred55
05-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, find some people with both, ride them and buy the one that fits your riding style the best!

WhiteZee
05-27-2005, 12:01 AM
you need to choose which one fits you, my 450r was too big for me untill i added a lot of exta stuff like handlebars and stem, the YFZ fit me perfect, but i hate yahamas so i couldnt get one.

Luecker
05-27-2005, 10:34 AM
It is getting close to the time when the 06's will be out. You may want to wait and see what kind of updates they get and see if it will be worth getting the 06 or find a leftover 05.

roostin_dale
05-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I have owned both and I race MX...I can say stock vs. stock the yfz will pull alot harder, but it is one VERY uncomfortable quad (im 6'3 175lbs)...on the yfz it feels like your riding a mountain bike.

Suspension wise, to me they are equal when stock...but that doesnt matter if you mod them. Get LT suspension on either one and you will love it.

For me being a taller guy...i know that if your not comfortable your not going to ride at full potential. The 450r fit my size perfect, so with my LT suspension and TC built motor, i like it 5x more than any yfz i have ever rode..

No one is going to make a decision for you...ride both and see which one YOU like better, we cant determin your quad because WE dont know your riding style...

redrider9045
05-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Im a honda fan but i think the yfz has more power out of teh box but after some money goes into both of them the hondas rule i asked john natalie tim farr and dustin wimmer they like the power and torque of the hondas

Chango
05-29-2005, 10:51 PM
I can't hang with my buddy on any motor cross track he rides a yfz .But we get in the desert and he can't touch me.We are about the same as far as skill level but the yfz is a hard hitter and the honda is a mellow and long puller .I love my honda