PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run the Fast Trekker Rear for MX

zuLi0
05-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Does anyone run the fast trekker rears for MX and how do you like them?

How stiff are the sidewalls?

How fast do they wear?

Giz400ex
05-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Flats waiting to happen with those babies!!!

05-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I had those on my Warrior and I got like 3 flats with those tires.

zuLi0
05-22-2002, 09:26 PM
well how about when they werent flat and you was torquing, how was it sliding out and when you were running the throttle hard? the overall performance.

05-23-2002, 08:30 AM
I used them as trail tires before and loved them compared to stock tires,,I think they'll work fine for MX racing. A lot cheaper than most other top brands.

EX Fanatic
05-23-2002, 09:33 AM
My one friend has them on his 400 and they work great! He has had then for a good while and they still have alot of tread on them yet. I would say the hook up pretty good too! ;)

05-23-2002, 06:46 PM
in mx races ive seen them blow right off the time on at least 5 quads, they dont puncture but they dont seem to stand up to powersliding and jumping, my freinds came off the rim too , if ur looking for a good mx tire for cheap get scorpions i think the 18 in are 20 bucks a piece and thier like a turf tamer and very puncture resistent

05-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I 've been running the 18x11x8 rear Fast Trekkers on the "only" local track that we have (Anchorage, Alaska). I've got an '87 "R" w/ some juice. The Fast Trekkers are awesome on hard pack or loose soil, but once you get into the sand, their low-profile buries your swingarm. If you're going to be racing anywhere but sand, they'll do you just fine. I'm able to pull the holeshot consistantly over Banshees & Raptors (We only have One class), but once we get into the sand, the Raptor goes by like I'm standing still. Some people have complained about rolling them off the rim (they obviously need beadlocks) As far as side wall strength, I run them w/ 8-lbs of air on JL ATV racing rims and they don't move very much, let alone coming close to rolling off the rim. I'm waiting for my new 20" Shredders, so If you want the Fast Trekkers, I'll cut you a deal, just email me & I'll send you some pics. They don't have any plugs & have at least 95% tread.
Bert

zuLi0
05-23-2002, 09:54 PM
yea im interested, just let me know of a price, im all about good deals! :P

Charlie

aim me: zul1o
email me: zuli0@exriders.com
or just pm me

thanks

05-24-2002, 12:03 AM
In reponse to Atomic83's comment. You're right about preload having nothing to do with bottoming your shocks, but not your frame. If your preload ride height is set w/ only 7 inches under your frame, & you actually have 10 inches of shock travel, you will bottom the frame before bottoming the shocks. The preload adjustment height will definitely help resolve this situation.

Bert

zuLi0
05-24-2002, 11:54 AM
huh? this was a tire thread. :huh :huh

"BLAHH"300!!
05-24-2002, 01:34 PM
mine are the 18" fast trekker's...i liked em' i don't run em' much anymore.too small...but to me they were tuff as nail's..acctually tuffer i think..(ran over a few) never had a flat...well they never had air in em either so....i put some in didn't run em for a long time they went flat ran em again and the side walls were strong enugh to where i could jump and still not ding the rim...i guess they have a little air in em'..ran em' on pavment alot..did alot of doughnut's on pavement with em' and still has alot of tread left on em'...and there pretty old too...

good tire,,,too small....