PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me choose a suspension?

bryan.young1
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
im trying to find out what the real differences between companies (Elka, Works, Ohlins, etc. not just what the sales people tell me, just the cold hard facts. AKA why you chose one over the other. also what the extra linkage gives you and is it worth the extra money to get them. i want to do Trail and MX.
sorry im new at this
thanks
bryan

Quadude32
05-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Is it worth it like night and day diff.:eek2: Works are cheap but would work good for a newbee racer.....TCS are good , Elka Depends on who you ask , PEP ZPS top notch ,Axis The Best most expensive also. Ohlins i ran them yrs ago maybe they have changed now but i didnt like them then.

Get some +2 or+3 a arms std or LT and then have them match the shocks to your riding ability and your weight with gear on.

bryan.young1
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
the works came with the 250X, in truth i havent even riden it yet. i pick it up tomorrow after work. i called Elka and they told me they didn't make anything for a 250X. which i thought was wiered but oh well. if i can get some real nice suspension and a-arms for this thing i might keep it. im still on the fence. i want to ride it and see. its my first bike and up till now i have been riding my friends 400ex with PEP rear and Ohlins front all w/ress. i just dont want to be dissapointed when i finally ride er. everyone says its a great bike. if i cant get great suspension for it then i will probably trade up for a 400.
thanks
bryan

MX174
05-26-2005, 03:04 PM
the 250x and 300ex are the same suspension and ive saw elkas on a 300 before

bryan.young1
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
i was just waiting for someone to say something. the guy told me that there was nothing for that quad. oh well i guess he didnt want my business. i just look at PEP or AXis or something.