PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to switch to a Uni filter?

NacsMXer
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi, I want to switch from my current K&N setup to a Uni filter. I see all this Pro Design Pro Flow billet adapter stuff but I don't know if I need it or not for the Uni to work. I know my K&N has a metal inner sleeve that slides into the airbox boot and then the boot is clamped to the sleeve with a hose clamp.
My question is... does the Uni also have this metal sleeve so it can be hose clamped down in the same manner? Or is it only rubber and this is why I need the billet adapter so it can clamp onto something solid. I've never used a Uni before so I'm very confused. Can I just buy a Uni filter alone and everything will work like it did for my K&N? Thanks for your replies :)

limetimeracerII
05-26-2005, 11:51 AM
The uni comes with a metal cage inside it to clamp down on. You don't need a billet adapter. The uni comes with everything you need. You will have to cut the tab on the bottom inside of the air box off if you haven't already.

400exrider26
05-26-2005, 05:06 PM
why do need to- "to cut the tab on the bottom inside of the air box off if you haven't already." I heard you dont, can someone please clarify this with me....? I only have a stock filter right now and i thought if i got my uni i could jst bolt it right up>? what about the jetting, will i need to up the jetting as little?

DH400EX
05-26-2005, 06:08 PM
i jus slipped my uni right on and clamped it down. u will need to rejet if u get one.

400exrider26
05-26-2005, 06:31 PM
you need to rejet just for a uni filter and thats all? i only thought you had to rejet with k&n's...

Dave400ex
05-26-2005, 06:36 PM
You don't need to cut the stock tabs, they are fine. Also the UNI won't make enough of a difference to change jetting.