PDA

View Full Version : Swing Arm question

QuadJunkies
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I was wanting to know why is it that most people get a + Swinger when they get a + Aarm ??? Wouldnt traction be better with stock ??? I havent done anything with my swing Arm but have the front AArms and full shock set up. Just wanting to know why its important. I havent seen a reason so far to need to do it on mine.... :confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
The 400ex needs to be longer. By lengthing it it is more balanced in the air and is not as prone to go nose high

QuadJunkies
05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The 400ex needs to be longer. By lengthing it it is more balanced in the air and is not as prone to go nose high thanks for the reply :) hmm.... never had that issue nor my ole when he races it... At least that explains why people do it though ;)

Rico
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I run a stock length and have for years and have no complaints..

TC426EX
05-26-2005, 01:49 PM
For MX, a +1 1/4 swinger made a big difference on my bike. Many people run a longer swingarm, not when they get A-arms, but when they get or are getting engine work. The extra +1 1/4 keeps the front end planted on starts better and helps in railing corners as well as balancing the bike in the air. If you ride woods mainly or only then stock length should be fine. Either way, the stock swingarm needs to be replaced under almost all hard riding and racing conditions. Its made of real chintzy hollow aluminum to save weight, but unfortunately at the compromise of alot of strength...

BlueZ440
05-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thanks for the reply :) hmm.... never had that issue nor my ole when he races it... At least that explains why people do it though ;)

That's because he doesn't jump...:D :blah: :devil:

j/k

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
That's because he doesn't jump...:D :blah: :devil:

j/k

Thats right... I forgot he only likes jumpin the heavier one .... :blah: :p

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
For MX, a +1 1/4 swinger made a big difference on my bike. Many people run a longer swingarm, not when they get A-arms, but when they get or are getting engine work. The extra +1 1/4 keeps the front end planted on starts better and helps in railing corners as well as balancing the bike in the air. If you ride woods mainly or only then stock length should be fine. Either way, the stock swingarm needs to be replaced under almost all hard riding and racing conditions. Its made of real chintzy hollow aluminum to save weight, but unfortunately at the compromise of alot of strength... thanks for clearing that up , I guess if I run into some extra money( yeah riiight) Ill keep that in mind,it would hepl Im sure at the drop gate , but its nice for FT /ST racing w/ it stock length Im sure .

BlueZ440
05-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Nice PHOTOSHOP QJ...just playin..sorry