PDA

View Full Version : Jet Kit Stage 1 or 2?

jleable
05-22-2002, 09:57 AM
I have a 2002 400ex and i was planning on ordering a white brothers R4 pipe and then getting the K&N power kit that comes with a filter and jets, etc. I just dont know what stage to get the 1 or 2? My bike has no other mods besides the ones I listed above that I want to order.

DESDAK4
05-22-2002, 10:20 AM
If I recall the kit should have directions for both stages depending on if you remove your airbox lid and stuff. I believe that is how it is but I am at work and can't go look. Hope that helps some.

Texan32
05-22-2002, 10:28 AM
i may be wrong, but i think the differnce is as follows...

-stage 1-factory air filter, up main slightly and keep air box lid in place

-stage 2- aftermarket airfilter, up main a few, adjust mixture screw, modify/remove airbox lid

Your better off getting the stage 2. Make sure that you run an outerware with the K&N filter.

DESDAK4
05-22-2002, 10:30 AM
I am possitive now that it all come in the box and the directions tell you how to do stage 1 or stage 2 if you buy the power kit.

jleable
05-23-2002, 09:16 AM
is it a better value to just buy a different main jet, if so which one? Then maybee buy a filter later.

DESDAK4
05-23-2002, 09:22 AM
I guess that would depend on you. I bought mine as a kit along with my e-series because I like to do it all at once. If it were me I would buy the kit.

MX MadMann
05-24-2002, 05:08 PM
i got the k and n power kit and when i got my exhaust i went with the stage 2 kit. it told me to put in a 170 main. sparks racing told me to put in a 155 main and they are in the exact same conditions. this kit realy sucked becuase i still use the stock needle and the only thing ihave really used out of the jet kit is the 155 main jet. it was a big waste of money. i would just ask some1 who has the same pipe and ask what setup they have in their carb. plus it doesnt come with pilot jets at all , u have to buy them seperatly.

casey