PDA

View Full Version : oil for my airfilter need answers and opinions!

yellow400ex05
05-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I ran out of airfliter oil and won't be able to buy any for a while and I don't feel like waiting to go and buy some. Is bar oil or just regular oil ok to put on my airfilter or will it screw up my engine or performance. All I know is that all I need is something sticky to catch the dirt.

And if its ok has anyone ever tried this and did anything go wrong???:confused:

FoxRacing81
05-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Don't use motor oil...not good.

Really, the only good thing to do is...buy some more. Nothing else will work I don't think.

FasstMidnightZ
05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX
Don't use motor oil...not good.

Really, the only good thing to do is...buy some more. Nothing else will work I don't think. ya nothing will have the same consitonsy as the airfilter oil its thick and super sticky, better off just go buy some

ThumPIN_450R
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
I use the oil that we use in the trannys and finals of our tractors on the farms it's called magnum plus it has this sticky substance in it that will catch all dirt that comes it's way I get it from our local pacific pride distributer if you have those where you're at I think that pacific pride is mainly a northwest thing I have used motor oil on my old recon which is the same motor as you're 250EX with no problems so I say go for it until you can get some filter oil but not on any thing too dusty

yellow400ex05
05-26-2005, 06:01 AM
What store can i get airfilter oil at? Can I get it at NAPA or sumthing like that?

bwamos
05-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Yea usually. Napa, O'reileys, or AutoZone all cary K&N filters for cars so they should have the oil too.