PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Mojave 250 mods?

moto_guy15
05-25-2005, 06:02 PM
i wanna know some mods to pimp my quad to sickness(be specific)about parts..try not o go into 400 bucks for a part...

red rider88
05-25-2005, 06:32 PM
idk if there is anymods for it. my advice new quad

moto_guy15
05-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by moto_guy15
i wanna know some mods to pimp my quad to sickness(be specific)about parts..try not o go into 400 bucks for a part...

The third fastest quad under 350cc..I don't think so

MR.BIG
05-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Put an exhaust on it open up the airbox and rejet it. I had a couple of them and they ran good. They smoked blasters stock versus stock! Just make sure you keep the valves adjusted or you will need a head.

moto_guy15
05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Put an exhaust on it open up the airbox and rejet it. I had a couple of them and they ran good. They smoked blasters stock versus stock! Just make sure you keep the valves adjusted or you will need a head.

i don't know how to rejet a quad..or a bike for that matter

MR.BIG
05-26-2005, 03:43 PM
If you put an exhaust on and open up the airbox you need more fuel because the motor is getting more air. You have to take the bowl off the carburetor and that is where your main jet is! I don't know what main jet you have so you will probably have to go up
quite a bit. Usually when you get an exhaust they give you jetting specs which are pretty close. Good luck!

moto_guy15
05-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
If you put an exhaust on and open up the airbox you need more fuel because the motor is getting more air. You have to take the bowl off the carburetor and that is where your main jet is! I don't know what main jet you have so you will probably have to go up
quite a bit. Usually when you get an exhaust they give you jetting specs which are pretty close. Good luck!

Thanks for your help big:muscle: :muscle:

bradley300
05-26-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah, when you look at your carb, you can see that the bottom comes off, take it off, your main jet is about a 6 mm hex. it has a number on it. you need to go bigger b/cause of the new exhaust and air filter. go one size bigger until the quad dosent cut out at all with full throttle.

for the needle, take the top of the carb off and look down inside, thier should be two little screws, undo them and the spring will pull away from the throtle slide. now you can pull the needle out (it comes right out) there should be a washer with a small metal clip. move that clip down a notch and re install (moving down richens the needle jet. try this, if it runs worse move it back, if it runs better, richen a gain until it dosne t run right, and go back up a notch. if its the same as my blaster, the pilot is next to the main. its in a tiny hole, you should be able to see the jet (a piece of brass with a flat tip screwdriver slot) (on a 400ex, the pilot is on top of the main in the carb, it maybe similar to yours) the pilot has a number on it also. it may run fine with the stoc pilot, if not, you should only have to go up one size

moto_guy15
05-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks but it wouldn't be the same as your blaster...2stroke..but if i get an exhaust..i'll follow ur instructions..:D :D :D

bradley300
05-27-2005, 07:34 AM
the main and the needle should be real similar;)

dork
05-29-2005, 01:00 AM
if you have the stock mojave carb on it, then the main jet takes a flathead screwdriver. also the needle on that carb isn't adjustable with a clip like the 400ex, you'll have to shim it with washers. but you can get a dynojet jet kit that is designed to be run with a pipe and filter and it comes with a clip adjustable needle.