PDA

View Full Version : need help setting up my bike

steve26
05-25-2005, 05:41 PM
any input would be appreciated here. I started out with my bike wandering all over the place, and being really tipsy in the corners. I lowered the ride height a lot, adjust the shocks and my toe in/out... got it to not roll over in the corners so bad. But it still wanders a lot and doesnt want to stick in any corners. It has a lot of push almost no matter what I do. Anyone have an idea on what kind of adjustments I should make. My bike is a PRPCRF450R with PEP ZPS ARC shocks all the way around. thank you

prepracing
05-25-2005, 09:49 PM
I would call PEP and tell them your quad setup/your weight and they can help you with a starting point on how/where to set your shocks. Also you might play with air pressure in your tires, that sometimes affects the way your quad handles.

smith_400ex_213
05-26-2005, 07:31 AM
check your toe in make sure that is correct cuz that can casue a lot of play in the front end ....i think it should be about 1/8 of an inch toed in

ESrider
05-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Like Prep said I would call PEP and discuss it with them. If not, then you can go to www.JanssenMotorsports.com and look under install guides. They have a pretty good article on setting up your suspension for different types of racing.

TBD
05-27-2005, 11:55 AM
First of all, who's arms are you running?
Do they have caster adjustability?
If not, what did the manufacture set the caster at?
What did you set the toe at?

As far as push in the front, the TRX450 has a balance problem. The way to correct it is to go with a little longer swingarm or run less caster( less caster will make the quad twitchy like the YFZ ).
Air pressure is also something to consider.
Don't call PEP because it has nothing to do with the shocks.
Good toe setting- 1/8 inch toe in
Trail riding caster setting-6.5 degrees
Motocross- 5-5.5 degrees
Too little caster will make the steering twichy and too much will make the quad push in the corners.