PDA

View Full Version : Review/Install of Elka Front and Rear

PoopOna400EX
05-21-2002, 11:41 PM
I've put together a web page with information on the my purchase of Elka Suspension. Many pictures and quick installation notes. Feel free to check it out if you are interested.

http://www.measlywimp.com/jason/elka_suspension.htm

~Jason

AlaskaSpeed
05-22-2002, 06:33 AM
Good info, cool page overall too. I am originally from the Chicago area too btw. I couldn't say enough good things about the Elkas I ran on my 400ex when I had it, they had the valving spot on as well.
I liked them so much, I have some on the way from Jeff at the Quadshop for my Cannondale Speed. There is no replacement for a well tuned set of shocks.
Just wanted to say I enjoyed your pics and info...........JIM

knighttime
05-22-2002, 08:11 AM
makes me excited to get my works shocks.

I have to say this though - WASH YOUR QUAD

mix approx 2/3 water and 1/3 liquid wisk and let it soak all over the quad for approx 1-3 beers and rinse off. Repeat until it's clean.

Although with your screen name, washing it may be out of the question. :square

BadA$$440
05-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Lol, good one knight time. Nice page, alot of info. Is there a difference between no rezzies and rezzy besdis being able to adjust them? Im sure they must do something since they cost almost half the shock (300).

400exBro
05-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
makes me excited to get my works shocks.
Where did you order them from...........
i like my works, they are well worth the money and they proform way better than i though they would hearing all the bad stuff about them.............
you will be happy....
Bro

PoopOna400EX
05-22-2002, 09:05 PM
From my understanding, the rezzies are to keep them from overheating and becoming spongie. The remote adjust are for adjusting the amount of tension on the springs. If I am wrong, please let me know. This was my understanding.

Knighttime - Unlike most people on this board, I ride my bike :)

I'm considering a washing this weekend...I'll be sure to post pics :) Although it may seem, there is no connection between my nickname and the cleanliness of my bike, but I can see the resemblance.

Keep an eye out, I'll be posting a review install/guide on the AC Racing Pro-Pegs and front bumper...

Thanks for the comments...

~Jason