PDA

View Full Version : Washington Riders --->

Porkchop
05-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Anyone ever ride at Hansen pit, in Humptuilips?? Just curious to see if anyone has even herd of it... its a pretty popular riding spot around here.

WQ_250
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Where exactly is this? I have never heard of that place.

Porkchop
05-27-2005, 08:07 AM
hmm.... this is kind of hard to explain.

Its on your way on 101 towards Lake Quinault/Forks area. But it is miles miles before that, actually comparing distances between that and Hoquaim I would say that it is closer to Hoquiam for refrence (atleast i think so)

WQ_250
06-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I have never even heard of it or better yet rode there.

awsomeaussies
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Haven't heard of it either:ermm:

wheelie_gurl
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Have any of you ever heard of riverdale Raceway? It is a new track by mt. St. Helens, in toutle, WA. I live in toutle and my boyfriend races. I tis a really awesome track and very well maintained. Please repost if you need any more information or emial me at wheelie_gurl@yahoo.com !!!!
thanks,
shelby Schroeder:)

awsomeaussies
06-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I never heard of it... I've been trying to find a decent track around here. Does Riverdale Raceway have a website or do you got directions. Thanks

wheelie_gurl
06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
yes i have both the answers to your questions. the website is www.riverdaleraceway.com and directions are- from seattle area (north) take exit 49 and take a left on to the sr-504 towards mt. st. helens, go about 13 miles and its on your right, there is a sign that says riverdale raceway. on race days it is 35 dollars, and for a practice it is 25. it is a really awesome track and everybody loves it, just not enough people know about it so tell everybody please.

thanks

if you need anything else just email

awsomeaussies
06-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks.... I'll have go down there soon:D

Reesedog
06-21-2005, 08:58 AM
We tried to go down to Riverdale for a practice day and there was a bunch of people on dirtbikes there that threw a fit because we wanted to ride there. We turned around and went back and rode at the ash piles in Castle Rock. Has anybody been there and rode before?

wheelie_gurl
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
ya my boyfriend rides there all the time and so does my best friend and he is on a quad. They have a class and they have to let you practice there. YOu need to talk to beau if people give you a hard time and he will tell you if you can practice. How do you like going down to the castle rock sand dunes? i want to go but i will have to ride my bf four wheeler cuz my is a piece of crap and its like ya whatever. anyways if you need anything else give me a holla!!!!:D

Porkchop
06-23-2005, 12:13 AM
I've also herd about the toutle track. Me and my buddie were thinking about driving down there one saturday or sunday to ride. A couple guys from up this way have rode it and said its really good for quads. Thats excatly what we need :macho

wheelie_gurl
06-23-2005, 04:45 PM
its an awesome track but if you ride really really hard then it will beat you up really bad, it bent my best friends axel once. But it is really awesome you should check it out. July 4 they are having a fun day and it is gonna be awesome.

Reesedog
06-27-2005, 04:29 PM
wheelie_gurl, I wouldn't nessasarily call them dunes per say, they are a couple huge mounds of ash. It is a pretty fun place to ride, we go there every couple of weeks and it is contantly changing. There are a lot of cool hillclimbs if you like those, a few jumps, and riverfront (your not supposed to ride there, but everyone does). All in all it is a pretty good place to ride, and not as far as heading to the dunes. I've seen a few people riding on paddles there but they are not nessasary, we ride on stock tires and can do every hill climb there.
We weren't too disapointed when we went to Riverdale. Gotta understand that people on dirtbikes probably are a bit leary of riding with a few 350lb quads on the track. Guess I don't blame them for not wanting us to ride. Not like they were being a-holes about it. They just shot a few dirty looks:scary:.

wheelie_gurl
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
k well i have lived here all my life and to every body around here they are called the cr sanddunes. but whatever i am not gonna argue with you about cuz i dont have the time but anyways you can ride at riverdale and they shouldnt give you crap, they think they own the plce and they dont cuz most of them its their first time here but whatever.

Reesedog
06-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by wheelie_gurl
k well i have lived here all my life and to every body around here they are called the cr sanddunes. but whatever i am not gonna argue with you about cuz i dont have the time but anyways you can ride at riverdale and they shouldnt give you crap, they think they own the plce and they dont cuz most of them its their first time here but whatever.

sorry if I sounded like I was trying to argue. That was not my intentions at all. I have found that everyone calls it something different, no big deal. We just call it going to "Castle Rock". It is all the same place, whatever it is called.

plkmonster2
07-21-2005, 01:28 AM
I've heard of Humptulips, but never been there. Anyone live on the east side?

Floorit
07-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
Anyone ever ride at Hansen pit, in Humptuilips?? Just curious to see if anyone has even herd of it... its a pretty popular riding spot around here.

I've not only heard of it, but have rode there more times than I can count. With all the road closures around here, there's getting to be fewer and fewer places to ride anymore. Everything this side of I-5 is closed for the most part to ANY unauthorized travel.

I'll be blunt about Hanson Pit....

Not a bad place to ride when it's a bit damp, VERY dusty this time of year, WAY too many idiots not paying attention where they're going and someone ALWAYS gets hurt due to someones ignorance.

I'll go on....

Too many people..drinking too much beer/drugs or both.

I was told that Hanson Pit is getting shut down by a Rayonier big wig. Everyone has been trespassing there for years [from what he says] If they don't want people there, then they need to post it and lock the damn gates.

I was there over the 4th holiday and a sherriff confronted us and told us we weren't spose to be there.

I been there on several occasions where someone gets hurt.

I have a family and we all like to ride. Unfortunately I don't feel safe taking my kids there to ride

my2cents