PDA

View Full Version : Brother shot a bear....

Thump_It
05-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, just got a call from my little bro.......he's somewhere in the woods, just shot his first Black Bear. Problem is, it's "wounded" and they are tracking it. Don't know if anybody else has hunted bear, but they are tough to track and tend to get a little mean when they're hurt, lol. I'm awaiting the phone call from him when they find it. I'll keep everyone posted and show some pictures later......if you guys/gals want of course.

DeerNuts
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Def. show some pics man. I love hearing about black bear hunts, especially because if I shot one right now I would have a little bit of explaining to the warden. lol

let us know how he makes out.

blaster_rider68
05-25-2005, 10:06 AM
thats effing awsome that he shot his first bear but ya i heard they do get a little visious when they are hurt

Thump_It
05-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Well.....bad news. They searched for a good 4 hours last night and couldn't find it. They found blood but because of darkness they had to call the search off. I think little bro is gonna take the hound out today and do another search with some other buddies. I hope they find it........bear meat makes for good stew.

Tommy 17
05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
ahhh bear meat is nasty....

bear are hard to track because their fur absorbs alot of the blood... i've tracked a few of them including my own...

my uncles goin on a grizzly bear hunt with a bow... i think hes crazy!

raptor35086
05-25-2005, 03:00 PM
that sucks that he couldnt find it....2 years ago my 2 cousins both got a bear each...haha..i was sitting in the woods...it sounded like a war was going on...4 shots at each bear just to get both of them down

blaster_rider68
05-25-2005, 03:32 PM
sorry to hear that they didnt find it..........woulda been nice to make a carpet out of:eek2: :D

TheFontMaster
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I hope he finds it. I would love to go hunting a bear, it sounds like fun.