PDA

View Full Version : removing frt fenders

trxHRC450r
05-24-2005, 06:00 PM
how do u remove the front fenders? i know there are a couple bolts and the bracket, but do i have to cut the rivet off? just doing some wheelies over the weekend and want to be able to see when the front wheels are up as high as they are doiing 50 or 60 at least lol

theTman
05-24-2005, 06:04 PM
drill out the rivets

trxHRC450r
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
will they bolt back up and be fine or will they be loose w/o the rivet?

MSSpartin7616
05-24-2005, 07:43 PM
just took mine out last night and u can barely reach the rivets with a dril so i had to pull my fender off from the bike and then cut the rivets inbetween the plastics major pain in the ***. also when u put them back on they sit prety well without the rivets and just the bolts.

turboTony
05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
you could just drill out the rivet from the "inside" with the plastics off. If you want to reinstall, use a small bolt/nut.

DirtDevilBT
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I have a riding friend that took the front fenders off for when he goes to Pismo. He regrets it everyday because one of the fenders keeps getting loose and falls off. We were riding the other day and his front left fender came halfway off and so he had to pull over and tighten the screw. It happened twice that day. It also happened when he was racing a WORCs even a couple weekends back.

05-24-2005, 10:33 PM
I ride without the fenders and love it and have no problems with them coming off...I drilled out the rivets from the inside and yes it is a PITA but no, they will not wobble if you take the rivets out

Steven450R
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
I have a riding friend that took the front fenders off for when he goes to Pismo. He regrets it everyday because one of the fenders keeps getting loose and falls off. We were riding the other day and his front left fender came halfway off and so he had to pull over and tighten the screw. It happened twice that day. It also happened when he was racing a WORCs even a couple weekends back.
:rolleyes:
I just needed a bigger screw driver:blah: .
Going to bolt them back together and put loctite on them so I wouldn't have to worry about them.
When I did mine I took the plastics off, then I drilled the rivots from back side, just drill it untill the rivot has passed the washer, remove the rivot & the washer. I needed a vise grip to hold the rivot from turning.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/bragger/450R%20039.jpg

DirtDevilBT
05-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Hey Steven, but would you do it again or do you think you wont have a problem from now on?:D OOOO flappy flappy fender wrong time:chinese: