Scott-300ex
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM
ok, i live in town and my backyard is a friggin zoo

deer
racoons
possums
the normal like squirrels, rabits, cats
owls too

i was walking in my backyard on day, under a tree limb thats like 2 inches away from my head, i look up and there is an owl 6 inches away from me, im like, wow, awsome, so i sat there and watched it for like 30 minutes

i think a phesent flew by too

heres some rabbits i found, was mowin and i chased them out of the whole so i wouldn't shred em up, 5 babies, and the mama hung around, lol so later that night i saw them and took some pictures

Scott-300ex
05-24-2005, 05:33 PM
uh, these 2 ran to me

Scott-300ex
05-24-2005, 05:34 PM
i didn't want to touch them if the mom would exlude then because they have human smell on them, i don't really believe that line of crap, but just incase

YFZ450Ridr
05-24-2005, 06:18 PM
id love to live where you do, i love animals and outdoors and stuff.

blaster_rider68
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
where i live i used to have the same kind of wild life and stuff but it has gone down cuz they are building houses all around me:ermm:

Hondadudeehhhh
05-24-2005, 06:45 PM
there a drunken angry homeless guy that lives in my back yard. I think his name is rico :scary:

2004exrider
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
we found an abandoned nest of rabbits last year i think there were 8 of them, only one survived, had to bottle feed them. had him for 2 mths til he ran off but even when outside hed still come up and let you feed him cheerios. heres a pic

theTman
05-24-2005, 06:59 PM
we got turkey..deer..bears...fox..cyotes..

JOEX
05-24-2005, 07:36 PM
MMMmmmm... Dinner time:devil:

Just got done cooking some lamb:D

lilwitting
05-25-2005, 07:52 AM
speaking of animals i hit a bird whilei was going down the roade yesterday it was bad and hurt like h3ll too

Tommy 17
05-25-2005, 08:24 AM
i had a peacock in my yard the other day... u know the big blue birds from the zoo with all the colors in their tail feathers...

yeah hes dead:) i shot him with my hoyt at about 50 yards:chinese:

Bush0102
05-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

i think a phesent flew by too

do pheasants even fly?

duke416ex
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
do pheasants even fly?

Yes, they fly.

Tommy, why would you just shoot a peacock for the heck of it. I mean I don't really want 1 in my yard either, but just let it go and it wil eventually leave your yard. I am sure you shoot someone's pet, unless you live next to the zoo.

Tommy 17
05-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Yes, they fly.

Tommy, why would you just shoot a peacock for the heck of it. I mean I don't really want 1 in my yard either, but just let it go and it wil eventually leave your yard. I am sure you shoot someone's pet, unless you live next to the zoo.

its not a species in the game book so u can do what ever u want to kill it... damn thing was makin noises and it pissed me off i drilled it... plus who else can say they've shot a peacock in pennsylvania...

same thing with wild boars up here that got free... we hunt them with machine guns, pistols, etc... theres no game laws on them because they are not natural... my one friend hunts them with a javelin (u know the track and field spear)... hes got 1 so far with it...

and the nearest zoo to me is pittsburgh which is 2 1/2 hours away...

duke416ex
05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Well, whatever makes you happy. Don' think I would be like your buddy and hunt with a javelin, but oh well. Have fun.

400exrules
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
keep some of its feathers.....peacock feathers are pretty cool

Scott-300ex
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
james, you said you lived where i do, we're like 10 minutes away, you can come visit, lol

and yeah pheasents fly, i go pheasent hunting and have shot them, and got 1 mounted, lol

my friend has a deer, pecocks, and a bufallo, in my town, lol, well the county and we by st. louis, don't hear talk of many buffalo down here, lol

and humans aren't in the game book so can i shoot them?:ermm:

DeerNuts
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
... damn thing was makin noises and it pissed me off i drilled it... plus who else can say they've shot a peacock in pennsylvania...

At 50yds. w/ a compound bow. Kick-*** shot man! Idve loved to see that.

Plus, you're absolutely right about those buggers not being in the game codes and such. Its not like you broke a law or anything, you just shot some weird pet is all. (Who the hell would have a peacock:confused: )

The only exception to this rule is cougars (mt. lions). Technically, they do not exist in PA (they do), but IF you shoot one, you may face a fine:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
05-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
At 50yds. w/ a compound bow. Kick-*** shot man! Idve loved to see that.

haha 50 yards is nothing... i can shoot 100yds and hit the bullseye almost everytime if the wind is right...

i can shoot quarters at 30 yards now... dimes at 20!

heres a link to me shooting a beer bottle open... i hope the video still works... its pretty cool!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113352&perpage=15&highlight=hoyt%20bottle&pagenumber=1

Scott-300ex
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

The only exception to this rule is cougars (mt. lions). Technically, they do not exist in PA (they do), but IF you shoot one, you may face a fine:rolleyes:

and owls and eagles and lots of other things, like elephants, poaching animals, girraffe's

uh, yeah

and tommy the link didn't work, but i would sure like to see it

05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by theTman
we got turkey..deer..bears...fox..cyotes..

Same here...Plus more... like Elephants, Emos or Orstich(sp?) monkeys, lions etc etc All because Jungle Habitat is in my town. For anyone who doesnt know (anyone thats not from North Jeresy) Jungle Habitat was one of them Drive in Zoos and it went bankrupt in the 70's, so the owner let all the animals out.

Scott-300ex
05-26-2005, 03:45 PM
man, that guy was smart

2004exrider
05-26-2005, 07:02 PM
wow, are you serious or just jokin around, that would be crazy?

Tommy 17
05-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
and owls and eagles and lots of other things, like elephants, poaching animals, girraffe's

uh, yeah

and tommy the link didn't work, but i would sure like to see it

if its nto in the game book its legal... they have all the protected species in there...

basically any animal imported in from a foreign enviroment is legal...

the best one is the day we were shooting european starlings with shot guns... game commission came and they were like wow u guys are morons haha but they coudnlt' do anything to us... its not a native bird:macho

05-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
wow, are you serious or just jokin around, that would be crazy?

Its real, I wasnt alive for it though im only 15 now.

Off of www.weirdnj.com

By year’s end however, local residents were up in arms again. This time, the outcry was due to widespread reports of animals escaping into mountains of West Milford. Besides sightings of harmless animals like peacocks, there were rumors spreading about dangerous animals, such as a pack of wolves and a lion, being sighted along local roads. Some of these fears were actually well founded, as animals such as baboons and an emu did make successful breakouts.