PDA

View Full Version : good atv

strtrcr06
05-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi, i was wondering what is a good atv that i can race with but also go mudding? I am 13. I do not want something that is very expensive.

-Thank You

wheelinforlife
05-24-2005, 02:55 PM
250ex

Hondadudeehhhh
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by wheelinforlife
250ex

he said race with...... get a blaster

Scott-300ex
05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by strtrcr06
I do not want something that is very expensive.

-Thank You

ur screwed

DH400EX
05-24-2005, 05:30 PM
what kind of racin u goin to do? I would probably go with the 300ex.

DeerNuts
05-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
ur screwed

yep.

what's your definition of "cheap"?

hondardr4life
05-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Well if you want something cheap, then go with a Blaster, because you get what you pay for, if you buy something cheap like a Blaster, it is made cheap. Now I know theres people who love their little chainsaws, oops, I mean Blasters. And I know theres Blasters that could smoke me and all that, so nobody start with that, I will stand by my opinion that they are junk, and thats all they will ever be. I really don't care what anyone thinks of that, but don't cheap out, get something good. A blaster can be nice if you get an 03 or newer, and pimp it out real good, but thats the only way they can be nice. Now if you want somethign that you wont have to work on, get a Honda, I would suggest a 300ex, no not just because I have one, but because they are a good all-around machine is stock or slightly modded form. You can mud bog, or race them, whatever you want. And if you don't believe that a 300ex can mud bog, just come watch me out-mud my grandpas Arctic cat 400 4x4. He always gets stuck in this one puddle that I can go right through.

05-24-2005, 06:18 PM
how much money you have? You may want a honda 4x4 used utility for your first quad.

blaster_rider68
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Well if you want something cheap, then go with a Blaster, because you get what you pay for, if you buy something cheap like a Blaster, it is made cheap. Now I know theres people who love their little chainsaws, oops, I mean Blasters. And I know theres Blasters that could smoke me and all that, so nobody start with that, I will stand by my opinion that they are junk, and thats all they will ever be. I really don't care what anyone thinks of that, but don't cheap out, get something good. A blaster can be nice if you get an 03 or newer, and pimp it out real good, but thats the only way they can be nice. Now if you want somethign that you wont have to work on, get a Honda, I would suggest a 300ex, no not just because I have one, but because they are a good all-around machine is stock or slightly modded form. You can mud bog, or race them, whatever you want. And if you don't believe that a 300ex can mud bog, just come watch me out-mud my grandpas Arctic cat 400 4x4. He always gets stuck in this one puddle that I can go right through.

hey man i like my oversized weed wacker but i agree a blaster is a cheap method to both racing and goin mudding

hondardr4life
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I went a little overboard on that. It's cool that you like your blaster, I just get tired of people saying their Blasters are the jesus quad. I know theres a lot better stuff than my 330 out there, and as long as people with blasters don't say that theirs will onl ybe a quad length behind a 450R and it is the best quad around and all that stuff, then I am fine with it. In all reality, the blaster and the 300ex are about evenly matched, each have their pros and cons. I personally just stick with Honda, I don't trust Yamaha's. Sorry for being such a D*ck.

blaster_rider68
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
no i know that your just speaking truth and i also know that my blaster isnt the fastest thing and the word and i know i couldnt keep up with a 450r but i can keep up with almost every 300 i ride with except nacsracer12 is effing fast

hondardr4life
05-25-2005, 04:34 AM
I didn't see that you had a 240 kit. That thing must be pretty fast. I would like to see someone put a 330ex against a 240 blaster, and see who comes out on top. It would be pretty close.

blaster_rider68
05-25-2005, 09:55 AM
ya it is pretty fast,like i said before i can keep up with almost every one i ride with exept those that have 450s........

400exrules
05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by strtrcr06
Hi, i was wondering what is a good atv that i can race with but also go mudding? I am 13. I do not want something that is very expensive.

-Thank You

prob a 300ex, and get some holeshot xct 22's if u wanna do some muddin and tuff trails

what kind of racing are u talkin about?