PDA

View Full Version : FCR or LECTRON

shook
05-21-2002, 08:51 PM
I know that most will say that the FCR is better but for the money difference is it really worth it.I can get a FCR for $400.+ cable and the LECTRON for 259. from TC racing Tom swears to gp with the LECTRON it makes just as much power and that the LECTRON will actually flow more air than the FCR will he says the 38mm LECT. flows the same amount that a 41 fcr does give me some input.Ive heard that the lectron doesnt fit that well but Tom says that not true either itfits right on just move the air box forward an inch and turn the carb to the 1 oclock position.HELP!!

nakomis0
05-21-2002, 09:05 PM
The Lectron is a good carb. Its produces most its gains in the 'top end'. (possibly cause it flows more air, like your buddy said.)

The FCR gives power gains all around especially mid and top.

FCR is a better carb in my opinion, but ya definately pay for it.:rolleyes: And certainly not knocking Lectron cause thats a great carb too.

Never heard of any problems with the carbs fitting in there.
I know with my fcr I had to trim, my snorkel, but that was nothing.

either choice outta them 2 carbs is gonna be a good one.

DISHO1
05-21-2002, 09:32 PM
i have found at http://lectronfuelsystems.com/ that they make a intake adaptor that fits my 36mm lectron. it will move the carb back so that it will clear the gas tank and sit upright. it is still on order but as soon as it gets here i will let everybody know how it works. i also ordered a 1-3 meter rod which they said would be correct rod to use. i do not know what meter rod tom at tc racing uses because he has ground the numbers off.

oynot400
05-22-2002, 10:08 AM
The way I understand it is, the Lectron does not have an accelorator (sp?) pump, where as the FCR does. So if you are going to flat out race it all the time and no trail riding then the Lectron is for you. Another thing is the Lectron does not fit easily on the 400. The FCR is basiclly a drop in.
I am happy with my FCR and would recommend it to any with a built motor. :)
Hope this helps....

ChadEXer
05-22-2002, 10:44 AM
TC grinds his own needles for the Lectron carbs! You definately will get more people that say that the FCR is a better carb, but i decided to save that extra $200 and use the Lectron. Chris29 has a TC motor with a Lectron carb and he likes his. the only bad things you hear about Lectrons is from the people who dont have them! All the people I know that have them really like them!

ChadEXer
05-22-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DISHO1
i have found at http://lectronfuelsystems.com/ that they make a intake adaptor that fits my 36mm lectron. it will move the carb back so that it will clear the gas tank and sit upright. it is still on order but as soon as it gets here i will let everybody know how it works. i also ordered a 1-3 meter rod which they said would be correct rod to use. i do not know what meter rod tom at tc racing uses because he has ground the numbers off.
Where did you see the intake adapter at???

DISHO1
05-22-2002, 02:10 PM
ChadEXer, when they called me they told me about the adapter. there is no phone number on the site so you will have to e-mail them with your questions and phone number and he will call you back.

ChadEXer
05-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Thanks,
I emailed Kevin over there! I have been talking with him ever since TC has been building my motor!
Chad