PDA

View Full Version : 450R electric start?

signboy
05-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Saw it in the new dirt wheels from GOKI manufacturing. Anyone have more information on it?

MR.BIG
05-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Who needs electric start!

signboy
05-24-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm not going to argue there will be some people who want it and some who don't. It's a matter of opinion.

Moto92
05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
buy a yamaha

awj8074
05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
i can kick mine once and start it up before my friends can start there 400ex's with the electric start. I dont see a need for it unless your so weak that you cant kick over the easiest kickstart there is.

cletusEX
05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by awj8074
i can kick mine once and start it up before my friends can start there 400ex's with the electric start. I dont see a need for it unless your so weak that you cant kick over the easiest kickstart there is.

I know a couple people with bad knees that would love that little button.

Luecker
05-24-2005, 08:27 PM
You can still use the kicker but the electric start would be there when you need it, like when you are stalled on a hill and need to hold the rear brake to prevent from sliding down the hill. Those are the times when electric start is worth every penny.

Goki has been making electric start conversions for kickstart ATVs for years.

I would wait and see if the 06 has electric start before I would buy a conversion.

awj8074
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I know a couple people with bad knees that would love that little button. If you have bad knees you shouldnt be riding

450Rcarbonpro
05-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey man kill the bad attitude. All people of all abilities should beable to ride. My cousin had a tumor as a baby and now has only 1/3 of her brain left and she rides just fine. Needs a little supervision and she is an adult that is disabled. She could use the electric start so others don't have to start her bike for her when she cant start it. She can start is most of the time. So shut ....................... I can't stand your ignorant attitude. My uncle has a bum leg should he not ride? He rides an electric bike and would love to ride a honda if he could.

450Rcarbonpro
05-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Also not everyone is a punk kid with an attitude like you. Some people are casual riders ....... what are you some kinda pro.................then do your thing loose the weight and keep the kick start. That is what I will do. But then again my girlfriend cant start my bike so I might just have both.

quadrcr161
05-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 450Rcarbonpro
Hey man kill the bad attitude. All people of all abilities should beable to ride. My cousin had a tumor as a baby and now has only 1/3 of her brain left and she rides just fine. Needs a little supervision and she is an adult that is disabled. She could use the electric start so others don't have to start her bike for her. So shut the f.. up. Go to annother site. I can't stand your ignorant attitude. My uncle has a bum leg should he not ride? He rides an electric bike and would love to ride a honda if he could.

for one, i believe if you dont wana kick, buy something with an e-start. another thing your uncle and cousin might be able to ride, but do they need to be on an atv like the 450r? a 300ex or a utility would be better suited for them dont you think? the 450r/yfz is a racing based atv and should not be owned by the people who want to cruise/ put around on a performance atv because they want to be cool.

05-29-2005, 01:45 PM
i'll stay away from estart http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p86d8712ae1d096d106bbec4d33a6bb9e/f4026f45.jpg

450Rcarbonpro
05-29-2005, 02:01 PM
you ever go to the sand dunes. Its all casual riders. And a stock 450r can be ridden by almost anyone. They are consumer designed products with race potential.

450Rcarbonpro
05-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Point being that electric start allows a larger consumer base allowing more diverse people to ride. Not everyone that buys a quad intends to race them. I would say most don't. My whole family rides and im the only one that races. That would be 15 quads in all, 6 yfzs, 2 banshees, trx250ex, a warrior, and some polaris's.

450Rcarbonpro
05-29-2005, 02:13 PM
anyways forget about it he just struck a nerve.

quadrcr161
05-29-2005, 02:18 PM
but just because its available, do they have the ability to ride it? the e-start might make a larger group of buyers, but everyone isnt responsible enough to own one. anyone can go buy a high HP car, but many dosent have the responsibility/maturity enough to own it. if you dont know history you are doomed to repeat it, or something like that. personally i feel atv's like the banshee, yfz, 450r and raptor should not be available to everyone, you should have to have a licenes to own one, or we will be fighting again to try and keep our toys. maybe if we did this with auto, those soccer moms wont be running over everyone in their oversize SUV that they cant controll.

DirtDevilBT
05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Not interested but curious. I can't find the picture, what page and month issue is it in?