PDA

View Full Version : yo fellas, new here, got question

sexy
05-24-2005, 12:14 AM
whats shakin, huge forum, dont have time to do tons of research, im a sportbike guy, ive just always loved atvs and its time i got one

ive got an 04 gixxer 600 complete motor i wanna whack in an atv, something like a 300 or 400ex

i dont know dick about atvs, i just know i love to ride them, im thinking with 110 rwhp, roughly, i will need a beefier rear end, someone tell me what i need to do this, im thinking buying a complete rolling chassis and making it fit, but what kinda rear end, clue me in, or point me to some cats that done this before maybe, thanks

mc sexypants

BLEEDRED
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Abandoned project immediately. Based on your post, which keep in mind is the only piece of your personality we can see, it will take an act of God for you to make this work. Stick to the street.

sexy
05-24-2005, 08:33 PM
thanks dick, go **** yourself, because i dont know **** about the platform doesnt mean i dont know how to make something work

live2ride300ex
05-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't understand what you're talking about, rearend wise. it has a chain-sprocket drivetrain just like the bike you got the motor from. it's not shaft driven with gears and stuff that will blow.

alberndt
05-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by sexy
thanks dick, go **** yourself, because i dont know **** about the platform doesnt mean i dont know how to make something work

GOOD TO SEE THERE IS YET ANOTHER PERSON TO FU** UP THIS SITE EVEN MORE BECAUSE THEY CANT HANDLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. LIGHTEN UP A LITTLE BIT, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US. JUST GO AND RIDE AND ENJOY IT AND BE NICE, NOT A JERK. OH YEAH, WELCOME TO ATVRIDERS.

BLEEDRED
05-25-2005, 05:54 AM

Like I said before, the words we read on the screen are the only part of your personality we can see. And I don't care what anybody says, you will be judged by what you post. You come on this forum and talk all ghetto and ask questions that don't even make sense, I don't think it's out of line to respond the way I did.

Anyway, what you want to do is far beyond what I am capable of so I can't help you. But I can tell you that what you want to do is very difficult and unless you have acess to a bunch of tools, welders and other machines plus a broad base of knowledge and good mechanic skills then it will take an act of God for you to make this work. But be sure to post pics of your hacked up platform and/or motor before you throw it in the trash.

Tomo
05-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey man, whats up? A few things to ponder before doing such a project... You want to put a 600 in a 300 or 400 frame right. Well you say the 600 has about 110 hp. Do you really think the frame of those bikes will hold up to that abuse? You need to start by using a much beefier frame than those eg. quadzilla or raptor or some serious mods to the fourtrax frame. The frames are originally set up to take the power from those original engines with mild tune-ups. Also check to see which side the chain is on, usually left side.you'll need to check for height tolerances as well. Also room for a battery, the older frames dont have those. Im not saying its not possible but its gonna take alot of time and patience to do it correctly. If you plan on using a foutrax frame use the latest model possible. I have an 87 250x and have some engine work done, and just noticed some cracks in the frame. Now I do ride pretty hard, and the frame is almost 20 years old,But its a Honda, HA HA. Tomo...

wilkin250r
05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
How familiar are you with this type of fabrication? What you are proposing isn't a simple weekend project.

Why do you want 110hp? Sure, you can get away with that kind of power in a streetbike, but that's an insane amount of power for an ATV. Seriously, only dedicated drag racers and hill shooters are running that kind of power. It's the kind of power that makes any ordinary riding almost impossible, not to mention the complications of building the suspension and chassis to handle properly with that size and weight motor.

What type of riding are you planning on doing with this 110hp beast?

tucson450r
05-25-2005, 03:32 PM
This has been done but you do want a frame with alot more size and stability to it. I wood suggest a DS650 frame, that is what was used on the one that was built in Lake Havasu. I have a friend that runs a ds650 and it is bigger and more suited for your project. I hope this help--Good Luck and post some pics if you do it!!

mars69
11-23-2005, 03:54 PM
wow, where are the moderators? they should really check this post! :eek2: :ermm:

Honda TRX250ex
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sexy
just leave the fourms dont come here and talk trash and ruin the fourms just leave

theTman
11-23-2005, 06:07 PM
:o sticks and stones may break my bones....but words will never hurt me

i laugh when this stuff happens...newbs...gotta love em

AtvMxRider
11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by mars69
wow, where are the moderators? they should really check this post! :eek2: :ermm:

:ermm: one just posetd a couple posts up

wvspeedfreak
11-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Old post guys...............get with the program :rolleyes: :D

AtvMxRider
11-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Old post guys...............get with the program :rolleyes: :D

Damn why didn't I catch that. What is it with these newbies bringing back old posts

wvspeedfreak
11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Damn why didn't I catch that. What is it with these newbies bringing back old posts

Sorry Jerry,I had to seize the opportunity after you busted me on an old post the other day:blah:

AtvMxRider
11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Sorry Jerry,I had to seize the opportunity after you busted me on an old post the other day:blah:

:grr: :D

wvspeedfreak
11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
F

U

:scary:

AtvMxRider
11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
F

U

:scary:

wvspeedfreak
11-23-2005, 06:29 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KoolKwad400
12-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Well, I'm new here, but have been posting at another snowmobile site for quite a while.......
Quite the response from "sexy" who is looking for input on a project he obviously knows very little about, I'd think you'd be more likely to listen to those with experience than fire off a round immediately.........
First of all.....
The physical dimensions of a 4-banger would make it VERY difficult to mount in ANY quad chassis, not to mention a 300EX. The only way to make it fit is to mount it sideways just like in the streetbike, but now your sprockets won't even come close to lining up.
Second of all.....
Motor weight is an issue. Anyone can see that the 600cc-4 is "slightly" heavier than your average 300cc-1. I know I wouldn't be too excited to jump a quad with a 4 cylinder. First jump is a guaranteed cracked frame.
Third of all.....
Horsepower/Torque ratings on the 600 are ALL WRONG for a dirtbike. Very poor low end torque, all horsepower is over 9000 RPM. Not too good for a dirt machine.
Fourth.....
You'll never be able to keep it cool. You'd need a King Kong radiator because of the engine size and general lower speed operation and lower air flow through the radiator.

In short, please re-think your project, and if you really like quads, buy a stock 300EX or something similar. I have had streetbikes for years, and now am riding a LT-Z400, which in stock form can be a handful for me sometimes. Believe me, just because you can ride street doesn't mean you can ride dirt.
Good Luck

Jerry

wilkin250r
12-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by mars69

WTF?!? :huh

This thread is six months old. I ain't about to seach six months back just to find threads to lock.

Now, this begs the REAL question. Why did you bring this up? What's your beef? Is there a reason you're searching and bringing up old threads that probably should have been locked?

I'm thinking that somebody hurt your feel-bad, so now you're on a crusade. You're looking to point out threads that moderators didn't shut down, as if they were proof that you were singled out, that we're picking on you.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope you're just searching for info on streetbike motors in quad frames, and happened to come across this. Because if you're looking for trouble, I don't think you'll like the results.

wilkin250r
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:ermm: one just posetd a couple posts up

I made that post LONG before I was a moderator.

TRX520RIDER
12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
sexy that motor would never fit and if it did all you would do is spin the tires your going to be laying in a ditch like he said stick to the streets:chinese:

bwamos
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Necromancy is evil!

TacomaNC4X4
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
ive seen it done at busco beach in NC. not sure what size it was but it was on a raptor. i want to do it w/ like a 500 ninga or ex250

wilkin250r
12-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Necromancy is evil!

Right! This thread should have died a long time ago, quit bringing it back to life!