PDA

View Full Version : looking for Kentucky mx tracks

tbyrd15
05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I know about Daniel Boone mx in London, and the Earlywine's indoor track, i am wondering if their are any other tracks in KY, mainly in the southeast part of the state. Just some where i can get started racing at. anyone know of other tracks?

hardkoratvmxr
05-23-2005, 09:21 PM
i know of one but it is in the western part called echovalleymx their website is www.echovalleymx.com we need more quad riders there to

jesshamner
05-23-2005, 10:08 PM
There is one owned by the Ballance Family here in Bowling Green. Its a really nice track and a varitety of competition.

www.ballancemotox.com

Also, there is a track just north of Louisville. It's called the D Track

http://www.dtrackmotocross.com/

On this website, it shows the locations of the Kentucky State MX Series. You might look into those sites for a local series.

I know its not southeast but that should get you started.

duke416ex
05-24-2005, 07:46 AM
There is one in Leitchfield also, called Black Rock, Edmonton has one and so does Nebo. i know these are in the western part, but just thought I would throw them out. They may not be far from you.

smr
05-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
There is one in Leitchfield also, called Black Rock, Edmonton has one and so does Nebo. i know these are in the western part, but just thought I would throw them out. They may not be far from you.

Nebo is no more.

you might try

www.800mx.net

smr
05-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
There is one owned by the Ballance Family here in Bowling Green. Its a really nice track and a varitety of competition.

www.ballancemotox.com

Also, there is a track just north of Louisville. It's called the D Track

http://www.dtrackmotocross.com/

On this website, it shows the locations of the Kentucky State MX Series. You might look into those sites for a local series.

I know its not southeast but that should get you started.

Are you gonna be at Ballance mx this weekend? I looked for you last time and you looked for me the time before. We never have found each other. (I'm hvwilson at kentuckyriders.com).

We will be there Saturday. Look for two LT80's, a white inclosed trailer and a gold 97 f-150.

jesshamner
05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by smr
Are you gonna be at Ballance mx this weekend? I looked for you last time and you looked for me the time before. We never have found each other. (I'm hvwilson at kentuckyriders.com).

We will be there Saturday. Look for two LT80's, a white inclosed trailer and a gold 97 f-150.

I won't be able to get out there this weekend. I got scheduled for 9.5 hours this saturday at work. I didn't realize that you were hvwilson LOL.

cheetah
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
I always loved Cumberland Parkway in Edmonton.

WKY400EX
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by smr
Nebo is no more. I read about it on their website. :( Wonder if they'll open the SX track back up in the future? It's a shame that they're not running at the track anymore.

MX174
05-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I hate to see nebo go too. I didnt get to race there any last year but it was definately a fun track and hope they open it back up next year.

Try out LSMX, they keep that track in really tip top shape and are orginzed really well. www.lsmx.net (http://www.lsmx.net)

smr
05-24-2005, 07:37 PM
I won't be able to get out there this weekend. I got scheduled for 9.5 hours this saturday at work. I didn't realize that you were hvwilson LOL.

I should change my log on at kentuckyriders.com

If you can't make it saturday don't forget that they are racing Sunday also.

I'm not sure if I will make it Suday or not (midsouth the same day) But my son and the rest of the SMR crew should be there.

jesshamner
05-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I didn't realize that they were racing Sunday too. Is it just like another race day or are they doing a 2 day schedule (heat races one day, finals the next)? I might go request off from work tonight for Sunday.

smr
05-25-2005, 05:47 AM
I didn't realize that they were racing Sunday too. Is it just like another race day or are they doing a 2 day schedule (heat races one day, finals the next)? I might go request off from work tonight for Sunday.

The way I understand it. It's two different races. John said during the last race they are calling it there grand opening.

duke416ex
05-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Are you going to race mid south? We are leaving to go down on Saturday. If you are racing what class are you running?

tbyrd15
05-26-2005, 08:32 AM
thanks for the info.

but know one knows of any tracks in the southeast part of the state?

smr
05-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Are you going to race mid south? We are leaving to go down on Saturday. If you are racing what cl*** are you running?

I will run the 30B cl***. I don't think I will make this one. i hate to miss my son's mx race.

I should be at the next one. ( I haven't missed a midsouth race in a long time )

jesshamner
05-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by tbyrd15
thanks for the info.

but know one knows of any tracks in the southeast part of the state?

There probably aren't many b/c there isn't a whole lot of flat land and only 4 hours of sunlight. :D

Cody_300ex
05-27-2005, 04:21 PM
The is a kick *** MX track on the very western tip of KY. West Ky Motorsports Or Lowes Mx. It is right in the middle of Paducah and Mayfield. Kind of hard to get to but its well worth it. If ya need Directions shoot me a PM.

blake_mx_racer
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
lsmx, bad track, they take really good care of it too, very fun.

Blake

Clay
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
I have been out of the sport for a couple years now. I live 15 minutes from LSMX and from Nebo. Both are/were excellent tracks. I raced at Nebo for several years. I probably know a bunch of you guys.

Clay Rhye
#417 formerly #54
Orange 250R w/ axis suspension and TMM motor.

WKY400EX
05-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Haven't had a chance to ride on the track yet, but LSMX is certainly one of the best maintained tracks in the area.

smr
06-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Clay
I have been out of the sport for a couple years now. I live 15 minutes from LSMX and from Nebo. Both are/were excellent tracks. I raced at Nebo for several years. I probably know a bunch of you guys.

Clay Rhye
#417 formerly #54
Orange 250R w/ axis suspension and TMM motor.

I'm trying to place you. I should know you..seems I've never been to LSMX but we did go to Nebo a few times a year.

Are you gonna be at 800mx this weekend?

Clay
06-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Who is we? Bike number, name? Hook me up with some info man.

smr
06-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Clay
Who is we? Bike number, name? Hook me up with some info man.

My name is Harold...we usually pit with Arron and Allen Crick.

My son runs # 12 in the 90 mod class.

I ran #12 in the 25+ class but I no longer race.

If you show up at 800 this weekend look us up. We will be driving a gold f150 pulling a white enclosed trailor.

sampleez
06-02-2005, 01:54 PM
West KY MX in Lowes, kY is my uncles track. we are having an open practice this sunday, June 5th, if the weather holds off. For more info about this weekend and future events, call either 270-674-5525 (will usually get an answering machine with an updated message) or 270-674-5698.

There is a pretty fun practice track in Melber, KY (about 5 miles from our track) it's open every weekend when the weather is good.

another good racetrack is 555MX in Grand Rivers, KY. Lonnie Evans owns it and he is a very good promoter. the track has a lot of mulch in it and it gets a little whooped up. and the track is pretty technical, with a double, double, single, double rhythm that took me out about 6 weeks ago :grr: it is pretty fun tho.

There is a track in draffenville, KY. they used to have races there, but i don't think they do anymore. and i think they are open for practice every day for like $5, but i'm not for sure. here's their # if ya wanna find out something 270-527-5359.

Clay
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Raced with aaron and allen for years. Im sure I would know you if i saw you. You sound very familiar, but I cant place ya for some reason.