PDA

View Full Version : Questions and more Questions

speedracer400
05-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Want some more power for yamahas. My to do list consists hi comp piston,accerator pump cover,cam which one don't know,power now valve,vortex ignition for starters. If more is necessary 480 kit is on the agenda.any and all experiences good or bad will be greatly appreciated.

DirtDevilBT
05-24-2005, 12:35 AM
:confused: What's your question? Are you looking to find a good combination as for motorwork and what not? You first have to let us know what you already have and what you plan on doing with the quad. I have a warrior you might be able to beat if that's the Yamaha you are having trouble with.:D

WhiteZee
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
I have a warrior you might be able to beat if that's the Yamaha you are having trouble with.:D
lol.

speedracer400
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
ive got a hmf full system wb air filter dynojet kit what was in the original thread was my to do list.I'm looking for feedback as to whether there positive or negative. Yamahas450 is what i was refering to. talk trinity today found out some good info

speedracer400
05-24-2005, 08:32 PM
ive got a hmf full system wb air filter dynojet kit what was in the original thread was my to do list.I'm looking for feedback as to whether there positive or negative. Yamahas450 is what i was refering to. talk trinity today found out some good info

DirtDevilBT
05-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, there will be some you will beat and some you wont. If you give yourself a cam such as the Hot Cams S2, it will help keep you in the green. The HMF system is a good system but might I pursuad you in getting a PC? It will be a better pipe in the long run especially when you start doing some motor work. If all you are looking to do is beat ppl in drag races, your options are unlimited. You can go with a 470,480,490,520 and then stroked motor work after. You could keep stock bore and go with a 13:1 piston, portwork, cam, and maybe an ignition upgrade. Several other things can be done like suspension upgrades that will help with drag racing, especially getting that rear shock and linkage done to help it squat better. It seems the HRC cam is a hot ticket with a piston but I like bottom grunt so it's not an option for me. There are several things you can do to make the quad faster, but when you do that it might become something you are not happy riding anymore. With motorwork comes suspension and viseversa, it's give and take depending on budget and what you plan on doing with your ride.