PDA

View Full Version : just went to pittsfield state forest in mass

j753301
05-23-2005, 05:44 PM
i went to pittsfield state forest on sunday.when i got there i went to the headquarters to check in and see what was up with riding and to get a map of the trails and stuff. the dep guy was a complete ***,as soon as we pulled up he came out and rudly asked for our registrations.we told him it was our first time there and just wanted to make sure everthing was ok and find out what trails we can ride and stuff.my buddy happened to mention that places to ride are getting scarce,the dep guy quickly responded with atvs and dirt bike are messing up the forest and its going to cost millions of dollars to fix them,then started to tell us a story about the westernmass atv club and how they made a video of them in savoy state forest that showed them kicking up dirt and water and screwing the trails all up,i guess they posted the video on there website and he said the dep seen it and closed savoy down to motor vehicles.isnt it our excise and sales taxe and registration fees that pay these people and fund the state forests?i dont see people registering bicycles or horses to ride the trails.i think we provide more funding than they do.sorry for the rant but that guyt was such a ***,anyway the riding was great,anybody from here go there?if you do im down to meet up sometime........jay

Knarf0486
06-09-2005, 01:59 PM
hey jay i bet you forgot all about this thread, but i just noticed it. thats bull these f-in tree huggers are ridiculous. thats why i dont even believe in registering my bike cause i got no where to ride that is legal being from eastern mass and all. dont even get me started on all that.

how was the riding id def like to come out that way if the riding is worth it, if so i might consider registering.

4traxx
06-16-2005, 07:50 PM
i havent been to Pittsfield yet . But have been to Beartown . I liked the liked the trails I rode there . I am an hour east of beartown .

AlbaKFX
06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Same here about the EP's being rude as hell. And to top if off, the ******* who delt with us threw a "Thanks for stopping though, usually we get the middle finger and roosted with rocks" and gave us all fines anyway.

I havnt ridden at the Pittsfield state forest, but I have ridden at Myles Standish, and the Copicut Road reservation. The Copicut res is awesome... jumps everywhere, natural tabletops, etc.

j753301
06-17-2005, 06:55 AM
are any of those legal to ride,if so i would like to go.im so sick of the rocks around here!

4traxx
06-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by j753301
are any of those legal to ride,if so i would like to go.im so sick of the rocks around here!
Mass state parks has 4 parks(I think ) which are legal .Beartown , pittsfield October MTN .I may have one wrong but If you register your quad in Mass / 30 or 40 dollars you can ride there legally .
Check out western mass atv . there is more info there . Search for Mass state parks . Let me know if you need more info .
Hope this helps .

Knarf0486
06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by AlbaKFX
Same here about the EP's being rude as hell. And to top if off, the ******* who delt with us threw a "Thanks for stopping though, usually we get the middle finger and roosted with rocks" and gave us all fines anyway.

I havnt ridden at the Pittsfield state forest, but I have ridden at Myles Standish, and the Copicut Road reservation. The Copicut res is awesome... jumps everywhere, natural tabletops, etc.

where is this copicut road reservation that you speak of?

AlbaKFX
06-19-2005, 07:06 PM
It's basically part of the Freetown State Forest, but the the name of the area we park at is the Copicut Rd Reservation. It's off of Old Fallriver Road in Westport.

Knarf0486
06-20-2005, 01:58 PM
is it a mass state reservation in which you need to be registered to ride in. because i havent got around to registering my quad.

KEVIN132
06-20-2005, 06:34 PM
this place in the freetown state forest can not be legal or it would be posted on the state website. but practice july 13 at capeway is legal!

Knarf0486
06-20-2005, 06:51 PM
i was gonna say i didnt think you could ride quads in the freetown forest. id still make a trip if its worth it.