PDA

View Full Version : frame cracked

trx450Rrider
05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
well my 450rs freshly powdercoated frame has a huge crack in the upper frame rail :mad2: . i thaught i had one before but it was a stress crack, now on my powdercoated frame there is a crack going around it. i watched it get higher and higher on the frame yesterday while i was riding throughout the day. i really do not want to take the friggen thing apart again. if i have to i may just sell it the way it is and get a z400 and mod one out. ive had many problems with this thing lately and have no fun riding it because i have to worry about so many things. i cand really run a case saver now because my bolt holes are broken off and now if a chain breaks its probably going to break the case, my axle bearings went, i ruined my whole rear end and spent 800 dollars on new parts and now another 300 in powdercoating because i have to take it apart and spend 300 more on gusset kits. it doesnt sound too fun does it. Well MAYBE :ermm: its not cracked and powdercoat cracks easier than the paint but i am not sure. i need batteries for my camera and i will post pics of it. my friend sayed if its a crack it might be from me always going around burms left and my swinger gets pulled the opposite way making the frame flex. when i go around some burms i will hit a rut and it usually puts the bike going straight again and not sliding out. that may be what its from. im not sure. i never really jump too much and havent been to a track yet but my first race is in 2 weeks but looks like i may not be going. well any input would be ok :sick: does the powder crack easier than paint?

trx450Rrider
05-23-2005, 04:18 PM
dont take the selling thing seriously. i am just very angry

Thump_It
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
$800 on new rearend? You could have bought a dual row carrier and a Lonestar axle for under that price. Your frame should be cracked if you don't jump often or blitz through the whoops. The only advice I could give you is that you should have just bought the gusset kit earlier, but hindsight is 20/20. Oh, also, you can find PC for cheaper than $300, that seems to be pretty damn expensive. I dunno man, good luck.....

trx450Rrider
05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
yeah it was around 800 but i forgot tires were with that too. i also needed new chain sliders,rollers, both sprockets and the chain had to be broken so i baught a good chain and then lonestar double bearing carrier, locknut, and axle. i found someone to weld it for me

blake_mx_racer
05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
How much mud do you take it through? On my old 300 i use to have, the rear end would get ruined quick if i took it through mud or water. I have decided to not take my 450 trail riding anymore just tracks.

Blake

05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
i trail ride with my 450 a lot and haven't had any bearing problems...it's called routine maintenance

blake_mx_racer
05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Dont think that i didnt take care of it but when you go through mud holes on a trail it will eat the bearings up. I have heard it happens alot. Also, not tryin to argue with you or anything

Blake

05-25-2005, 10:22 AM
powdercoating bonds to the frame etc, so if its cracked, you definantly have a crack in the frame :(

trx450Rrider
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
k thanks. yeah i got stuck in a little mud hole deep enough to get my bearings ruined. the next week i took it out they were toste

Xowner
05-25-2005, 04:23 PM
bah you ppl and mud i had my R burried up to the bottom of the kicker and i just washed it the bearings are fine and this was like three months ago

trx450Rrider
05-26-2005, 05:19 PM
ur just a lucky guy

05-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rrider
ur just a lucky guy you're just the unlucky guy ;)

trick450r
05-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rrider
ur just a lucky guy
you are VERY unlucky...my 450r has bean through hell and back, trhough a few MX races and its bean shot through the whoops and over some large jumps and with routine maintinence i have NO problems...