PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire!!! where ya ride

400exrider26
05-23-2005, 02:15 PM
calling all riders from NH!!!!! Where do u ride, and what do you ride??? I need to find out some better trails where i can ride..try to make them legal trails if possible LOL any really descritive websites i can have that will show places to ride..?

400exrider26
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
anyone!!!!!

f.s.o.s
05-25-2005, 05:34 PM
where do you live i live in loudon. we're all looking for good places to ride so far clough state park is the only real trail system thats worth riding. some people have private tracks in their yards but its hard to get to let them to let anyone ride. there are some tracks at hard to get to places that are "secret" but get to know some people and ride with them and they might let you in on the secret. its hard cause there are too many a**holes out there that tend to ruin all the good riding spots by either riding without permission or tearing the place up and not helping with the repair/upkeep.

400exrider26
05-26-2005, 03:51 AM
l live in chichester... its a little hick ***** town 5 mins from concord. Is clough state park open right now or closed because of mud session? do they have a website i can look at there trail system with... i have only been there once before when i was little.

f.s.o.s
05-27-2005, 02:38 PM
chichester is the next town over from Loudon your prolly only 5 mins away from me. as far as i know clough state park opened this past weekend. i think you can find out more about it on the NH state website. hope this helps

300exHILLER
06-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I went to clough last thursday in the rain. They groomed alot of it. Best place I've ever ridden in 19years of riding. Although the ELKA test tracks are a close second.

When you go to Clough make sure you stay on the marked trail!!! They have signs everywhere that tell you to, SO don't mess it up for the rest of us :grr:

400exrider26
06-03-2005, 01:47 PM
i will only ride were i am supposed too. they are not charging right now are they?

400exrider26
06-03-2005, 01:47 PM
i will only ride were i am supposed too. they are not charging right now are they?

300exHILLER
06-06-2005, 07:37 AM
They were not when I went, but after the holiday they might be.

stevez400
06-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey I just read this post and realised chichester is only an hour from me. Is clough north or south of you? E-mail me with some info ste0016@yahoo.com

Acf7_400ex
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I heard that there is going to be a 150 mile trails system going in in berlin and there going to be opening this summer and have a camp ground where you can stay and also leave from were abouts in berlin i dont know yet

400exrider26
02-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I didnt even now about that new system in Berlin... here is the info i found on it so far... http://www.jericholakeatvpark.com/
I did go to stratford and they say they have over 150 miles of trails... I went there and there were alot of trails and most of them are smooth and good riding... you can go pretyy fast of alot of them if you want to. I was very happy with thier trail system!

RidinRed420
02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't know anywhere to go riding around Chichester.. I ride a little bit in Nashua & Manchester on the powerlines, its trespassing but no one usually cares in Manch.

DANVAN
02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
When you guys mention Clough, I think your actually refering to Hopkinton-Everette res, correct? I dont think atvs are allowed in Clough, which I believe borders on H-E.

Any Way, I have riden H-E a bunch of times this past season and it is a great place to ride. There are alot of signs saying to stay on the trail so we are probably talking about the same place.

I also ride on some powerline property in Bedford off of Back River rd, its a pretty large area and I almost always see others in there on atvs when I ride so I do think it is legal. Theres a big sandy area, and lots of trails in all differant directions, some good wooded trails too.

I too only want to ride where it is allowed, not into breaking any laws and paying fines.

I ride a 2000 300EX, I love it, just bought it in aug of 05. I only moved to NH in april of 05 and the house I bought came with an Eton 150, so I got into riding right away and love it, cant get enough.

I lve in Merrimack, I have woods behind my house that I ride on a regular basis, but am always looking for other places and people to ride with. Email me if your interested, DANLVAN@VERIZON.NET

Ive also gone riding on some property near the merrimack river, near the Budweiser factory, its a small area but was somthing differant. I had riden my mountain bike there first and then saw a few quads riding so I stopped them and asked, they told me it was ok to ride there, who knows if they were right or not, but I did go back to ride the quad one day.

There is another spot behind a shopping center on DW highway, cant remember the name of the shopping center, but I rode there too, it was a neat little track and a trail that led to the rail road tracks, which followed the river, I went a quite a bit notrh following the tracks, nothing special about it.

I know someone who has friends who suposibly go to Bear Brook sp, I called the park to see if atvs are ok there, I was told as long as there is snow on the ground u can ride there, so I am hopping to get there before winter is over. I have mountain biked in there, awesome bike trails.

Acf7_400ex
02-04-2006, 06:14 PM
hey 400exrider where about in stratford is that trail system and do u know if there open year round becuz it looks like im not goin to get to ride my sled at all this winter :ermm: but o well

400exrider26
02-04-2006, 07:37 PM
here is the site for the atv trails around NH http://www.nhatv.com/Maps/Maps.asp

Acf.... here is some sites for the Stratford trails.... http://www.northcountryatv.com/
http://www.greatnorthwoods.org/stratford/