PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast..

DEAL
05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I am having some problems with my 400ex .. The bike seems to crank over fine for a few seconds then the battery will just die..
It was doing the same thing last year so I replaced the battery and it didn't make any difference .. it also seems that now the battery will just die for no reason... like it can be running fine .. then I shut if off and go to start it and it has no juice, other times I can shut if off and it will fire up fine. .. I'm positive its not the battery .. I really need to get this fixed because I have a race on saturday ..
I removed all my extra wiring for my lights and such .. I'm just wondering if this possibly has anything to do with it:confused:
A short or something maybe?
Thanks.

300exOH
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Make sure you have a good ground. If you frame has been painted or PC'ed make sure you scrape the area where the ground attaches to the frame. Ground probs are very common on the 400ex's for some reason. You may want to check you stator also.

DEAL
05-23-2005, 10:44 AM
I made sure my ground was good after I pc'd the frame .. I am going to take it to have it looked at this week ..

300exOH
05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I would at least check all the wiring and connections before you pay to have it looked at. Could be something simple. It sounds like a bad connection/short somewhere. Good luck

duke416ex
05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Clean the cables on the battery and your connections to the relay. I would guess that one of the connections is just corroded.