PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to ship motors/frames

77rigid
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I am going to be shipping a couple atv motors and frames soon.I will ship them seperate(frame by itself,motor by itself)What is the cheapest ways to do this.I checked FED EX and they seemed cheaper than UPS.Should I just wrap them in bubble wrap or make a crate?

riley racing
05-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Check with DHL.com I have shipped a frame and a motor via them I they seemed the least expensive. Good luck!!

bradley300
05-23-2005, 09:48 AM
just attach a shipping tag to the frame if your sending it to gt pc'ed. for the motor, get a plastic tub from wal mart, put the motor in and pack it with newspaper

TheFontMaster
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
What Bradley said, a plastic rubbermaid bin for the motor. For packing use a couple dollar store pillows. An interesting idea the person I bought my motor off of had.

05-23-2005, 06:43 PM
ups

quadcustoms
05-23-2005, 07:07 PM
fed ex ground
or under a grey hound bus you can beat either of those please let me know!!!!

77rigid
05-23-2005, 10:57 PM
I went to UPS,FEDEX and DHL web sites and put in my info.DHL was the cheapest for motors,and they tied with FEDEX for the frame.UPS was way higher then the other 2.

YZ400EX
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
It has been my experience, that DHL is the cheapest shipping for motors and fed-ex the cheapest for frames..UPS is never the cheapest for anything so I NEVER use them..Now as a few other people have said and are 100% correct Just ship the bare frame with a label attached (fed-ex will supply the label and tag) and with the motor use the rubber maid tubs that you can get from walmart and stuff with pillows, newspaper, cardboard on all sides of the motor and MAKE SURE all the oil is drained before packaging..It makes for a huge mess if it isnt and who ever is getting the motor wont be too happy with you..These are definately the best ways to go..Havent had a anything damaged yet, but just in case put insurance on it..:D