PDA

View Full Version : need help , problem with interent explorer

SRH
05-22-2005, 09:07 PM
ok this morning i was on and i went on my local district message board and planet minis message board, logged in fine, tonight i get on and it said cookies have been disabled enable cookies ...what would be my problem and why would it change like that? they still work for this site and yfz central.... could someone explain to me how to change it and stuff...im computer stupid, on one site it said my browser is not acception cookies too when i tried to log in, i tried restarting my comp and what not but no change, and how come ex riders still works ok?

honduh440
05-22-2005, 09:26 PM
some sites just are different then others and require cookies. anyways, im assuming your using internet explorer 6. something if so this method should work

open up explorer
1. Select Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select the Privacy tab.
4. Select Advanced
5. Deselect override automatic cookie
handling button
6. Click on the OK
7. Click OK to exit

if u have an older version of explorer or this doenst work just let me know

SRH
05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
some sites just are different then others and require cookies. anyways, im assuming your using internet explorer 6. something if so this method should work

open up explorer
1. Select Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select the Privacy tab.
4. Select Advanced
5. Deselect override automatic cookie
handling button
6. Click on the OK
7. Click OK to exit

if u have an older version of explorer or this doenst work just let me know

that didnt work, when you say deselect overide automatic cookie handling it wasnt selected i selected it and it still didnt work, this thing is driving me nuts i appreciate any help

honduh440
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
ok go back to internet options and the privacy tab and their is a meter thing pull it all the way down and it will allow all cookies if that doesnt work then download mozilla "www.mozilla.com" and use it for your internet browser

i would actually recommend getting mozilla anyways

jeepboyny
05-22-2005, 11:30 PM
If it used to work fine in the past and you hadn't changed anything then it's possible that IE got corrupted/hijacked by a virus or spyware. Is there a little red eye in the bottom right of the explorer window?

DeerNuts
05-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by honduh440

i would actually recommend getting mozilla anyways

I agree. That will solve your problems. Great browser. Hell, I dont ever use Internet Explorer anymore. It sucks the big one IMO.

SRH
05-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jeepboyny
If it used to work fine in the past and you hadn't changed anything then it's possible that IE got corrupted/hijacked by a virus or spyware. Is there a little red eye in the bottom right of the explorer window?

well there was no lil red eye, but now i get a pop up that says messenger service window registry corrupted now i know this isnt windows its got to be spyware or adware, but i havent went to any sites out of the ordinary lately or anything i dunno how i would get anything, i did system recovery thing because that usually gets rid of it, but not this time, it solved my problem with logging in on those sites so far knock on wood, but i still get that pop up, how would i get rid of that and how harmful is it? i hope i dont have any major problems .