PDA

View Full Version : front wheel hub bearings

robby05
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
How much is a front wheel bearing and how much would it cost to put one in?

cdalejef
05-23-2005, 08:01 AM
You should replace the bearings as a set with seals. Installing them can be done with a hammer and a long punch.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-23-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree bearing should be replaced as a set. We recommend installing them with a press, a hammer will work but I have see too many new bearing fail shortly after install because they were installed with a hammer. By hitting the bearing you can flat spot the balls in the bearing and cause them to fail. You don't need a fantsy press either you can use the proper size socket and a vise to squeeze them into place.:)

prepracing
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
price depends on where you get the bearings and seals, don't know what your machine is but I know if you have a honda and get the honda factory bearings and seals its pretty pricey ( $70 bucks at my shop ). But if you can get your seals and bearings out and get the numbers off them and take them to a local parts/industrial store ( if u have one close ) they can cut that price in half. And as the other guys said they are not that difficult to install.

cdalejef
05-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Pivot Works makes a complete kit that is way less than the factory bearings and even comes with the seals.

<DRS>GPF
05-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Pivot Works makes a complete kit that is way less than the factory bearings and even comes with the seals.

and.. you get a sticker.. WHOO HOO!

i bought mine from rocky mountain,

All Balls Front Wheel Bearing Kit, Honda TRX400EX 99-01
PART# 251035D
OUR PRICE: $12.99
Availability: In-Stock

but im sure the cost is relevant for the kit from most places..