05-22-2005, 11:08 AM
All drag racers:
should be a big turn out
several bikes from out of town coming
and lots of local guys....

shows us what you got...

REDRIDER7
05-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Just wondering if you can tell me what kind of riding there is at St. Joe State Park and how big is it? I'm planning a trip for the memorial weekend, but I'm trying to decide where to go. Do they have camping there, and will the mx track be open for riding? Finally, can someone give me a numder to call for moer info about the park? Thanks

macanic
05-23-2005, 06:40 PM
you can prob. do a search for st. joe state park
to get there phone #
dont know it off hand
there will be alot of people there this weekend
i dont think there are any more camping spots
aval.

great riding:

woods and trails
open flats sand
small sand jumps
mx style riding areas
sand drag racing

st. joe is 1600 acres

PowerJunkie
05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
maybe this might help since i live in missouri. o and if you want any other info on other state parks go to mostateparks.com theres also some pics of st. joe on there to but i dont know how to post them. good luck.

St. Joe State Park is located in the heart of the old "Lead Belt" of southeast Missouri where much of the nation's lead ore was extracted for more than a century. In 1972, the St. Joe Minerals Corp. ceased operations and subsequently donated the land to the state in 1976.

Today, the 8,238-acre St. Joe State Park is Missouri's third largest state park, with approximately 2,000 acres set aside for the state's premier off-road vehicle (ORV) riding area. Contact the park office for more information about the special rules and regulations that apply.

The park also features two campgrounds capable of accommodating campers with ORVs and horses, a hiking/bicycling trail, equestrian trails, picnic sites and lakes for swimming and fishing. Visitors can explore several thousand acres of woodlands or spend their days relaxing in the great outdoors.

The historic mill buildings, where St. Joe Minerals once processed the lead ore, still stand nearby and have been designated as Missouri Mines State Historic Site. There you can enjoy an excellent mining museum featuring a large collection of geological specimens and antique mining and milling equipment.

Saturday, Oct. 1, Pim Day-Use Area
For more information, please contact Susan Sciortino at (573) 243-5218 or (573) 450-0366, Kathy Cannell at (573) 760-8123, Michelle Smith at (573) 756-1024 of the American Heart Association or visit www.americanheart.org.

PowerJunkie
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
heres a list of sites availible.

lol maybe theres only one and its hadycapt so you might be able to get it not sure.

REDRIDER7
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I heard that St. Joe park requires a flag, is this correct? Also, do they have a mx track located at or near the park?

PowerJunkie
05-26-2005, 02:42 PM
ya your right you need a flag and i pretty sure theres a mx track around there but dont ask me where i have no clue.

REDRIDER7
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
What's the chances of finding a camping spot late Friday night or early Sat. morning over memorial weekend?

PowerJunkie
05-26-2005, 04:18 PM
in missouri 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000 so dont think you can come in and find evan the crappiest spot. but let me look if you can drive a little there r some other state parks around there that you could stay at and drive to st.joe in the day.

PowerJunkie
05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
ya you might be able to go to a statepark around st. joe like hawn or st. franices theres alot aruond there but state parks usaly fills up on evey weekend in the summer so ya go to that site and see if there any sites you can reserve or just go to st .joe and hope for the best and make sure you bring a map that has missouri state parks on it. and just go around to the the offices. wish you luck ask anything you want ill be happy to help.my email adress is bougab@aol.com

or you could just sleep in a walmart parking lot your allowed one night.

or a rest stop

ive done all of theese lol