PDA

View Full Version : Remote kill switch

slambonie
05-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Has anyone tried to hook up a remote kill switch?
Are they trustworthy? I am thinking of purchasing one from www.3built.com

They sound great, but I am concerned about air waves to control my daughters atv.

[B]Question[B/]
Anyone have an ATV with a remote kill switch?
What has been your experience?

ohski
05-23-2005, 12:04 AM
We didn't buy one when we picked up the Eton for Dylan but from what I've read they work pretty good. What kind of quad..?

Wade

big-guy
05-23-2005, 01:26 PM
I saw an interesting setup once, there was a tether type kill switch on the back of the quad, with the tether attached to someones wrist walking behind the quad. Then there was a rope running from the grab bar of the quad to the other hand of the person walking. Of course this was a very small rider, and it would likely cause some wear to the Nikes, but it seemed to work.

slambonie
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
My daughter has an LT80. 1987 in excellent condition. Runs great.

My daughter is a girlie, girl no doubt. I have to take it slow with this one. I don't mind though. This is why I am looking into a remote kill switch. I would like to venture out away from the camp and ride wide trails with her. I don't want to venture out unless I have control of her quad. If she gets into trouble or can't hear me with her helmet on. I will just shut down her quad. The 3built.com one seems to have the best range up to 250ft. They also have a step by step installation instructions on their site for the LT80.

I guess I am going to order one. I have not see or heard anything negative about one so what the heck. I wanted to post on a message board to see if anyone has had any bad experiences. So far looks good. I will order one this week.

Thanks for help