PDA

View Full Version : popping and krackling

sand-racer
05-21-2005, 06:07 PM
I am having problems with my yfz. It was running fine then it started popping on deceleration. Then on top end it would it would krackle and pop from about 1/2 throttle on, making it have no power, very gutless. I am in a desperate need for help. I was at practice and i have a race tomorrow!!! I need to know what to do.

Please help

Wes

shogun_98
05-21-2005, 06:59 PM
It could be jetting or it could be the thing with the lights, do you run with your lights on? if not try it and see if it helps

sand-racer
05-21-2005, 07:11 PM
it seemed to start when i landed off a jump hard. I do not have lights. I dont even have the switch for them. I dont know what to do someone please help.

Wes

wheeliemaster
05-21-2005, 09:24 PM
hey wes, it sounds like the main jet could be plugged.what i would try that works is to start your quad up and remove air filter and rev it up with the air filter removed and shove a rag into air filter boot and it should hopefully vacume suck the piece of dirt out if it is a piece of dirt.

If that doesnt work unscrew the bowl of the carb and take the main jet out and carb clean it and then blow it out.

Hope that helps

see ya at the races tomarrow

Michael #5

sand-racer
05-21-2005, 11:07 PM
hey Mike.

Do you have some carb cleaner or something of the sorts at home? Can you bring it to the races tomorrow? it would really help me out it seems like i have some work ahead of me.

Wes

red33quad
05-23-2005, 09:27 PM
It sounds like mine did . It was electrical, call Baldwin at 440-224-2734. It's a update from yamaha that fixes the problem. Mine would crack and pop from half throttle and on and it didn't matter what kind of jetting changes i did, it never helped.If i turned the lights on it would run perfect. (Have no idea why) It cost 68.00 and that was C.O.D. included. Trust me, its worth the money. Good Luck