PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild TRX

Aallron
05-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I am going to tear my 89 trx 250R down to the frame and get it powder coated and replace the worn stuff. Before I get started, what pieces are not availible at all so that I can be careful durring the disassembly. It looks like the stock ball joints are pressed into the a arms, does anyone make replacements pieces. I am not really interested in aftermarket replacement arms.

beerock
05-21-2005, 04:34 PM
in most cases you should be careful with everything you take apart. why would you take something off the bike and wreck it in the process?

think of it this way, if you gave it to a shop do you think they would rip stuff off and give the bike back to you and say oh yea i figured i would just rip this out because it was easier then taking it out the right way? You wouldnt tolerate it. so keep it in mind. the bike is easy to take apart the only trouble part may be your swingarm bolt.

bananas
05-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Swingarm bolt?? Funny.. I remeber one with a chain..?????

For the 89 you are good. You can iget most from service honda or pay morefrom you local dealer.. You will end up doing a few orders. And when you think you have it all, another order and another week to put you back..

I think I have everything for my rebuild of an 87..

Have fun!!!!!

beerock
05-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bananas

haha yea and i remember my finger in the middle of the hammer and bolt:scary:

I'm lucky i didnt snap my brand new cases that day bro ;)

1988R
05-22-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by beerock
haha yea and i remember my finger in the middle of the hammer and bolt:scary:

I'm lucky i didnt snap my brand new cases that day bro ;)

Sorry but if you are f'imf up your cases becouse of a swinger bolt it better be because you hit your finger tapping out the bolt and then threw the cases accross the garage/yard. If its not like that then Im not picking up what your throwing down. the way I see it if you F'up my center cases knocking out a swingarm bolt then you are a douch. I don't know!!!!!! just don't see how they compare. Not even connected

beerock
05-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 1988R
Sorry but if you are f'imf up your cases becouse of a swinger bolt it better be because you hit your finger tapping out the bolt and then threw the cases accross the garage/yard. If its not like that then Im not picking up what your throwing down. the way I see it if you F'up my center cases knocking out a swingarm bolt then you are a douch. I don't know!!!!!! just don't see how they compare. Not even connected

I woudl be a big douche if that was the case but it isnt.

I threw my chain going over a rail road ARRGGHHH and the chain bunched up in between the sprocket and swingarm so i had to take the swingarm bolt out to un bind the chain. In the process of hitting the swingarm bolt out i hit my finger really hard.

bananas
05-23-2005, 06:40 AM
And it hurt.. But it didn't stop Beerock from riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich250RRacer
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by bananas

For the 89 you are good. You can iget most from service honda or pay morefrom you local dealer.. You will end up doing a few orders. And when you think you have it all, another order and another week to put you back..

I think I have everything for my rebuild of an 87..

Have fun!!!!!

You would be surprised at the number of parts that are discontinued for all years. I could give you a list a mile long. Alot of it would be small stuff, but it's items that are needed to do a quad right.