PDA

View Full Version : houser LT vs roll design LT

rummerd
05-21-2005, 10:50 AM
OK, two quads, Identical set ups otherwise, which is better, the roll design or houser Long Travel Arms? Is there a good reason for the extra cash for the roll setup?

yamablaster24
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Laeger then roll then houser. All depends on shocks

prepracing
05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
roll and laeger have been around longer... therefore cost more, houser is newer and cost less and functions just as well, check out your pro pits during a nearby race and see whats being used the most. Roll and Laeger built their reputation on TT and motorcross even though lots of people use their stuff for XC, I think Roll just recently came out with a true XC setup. I think Houser is more bang for your buck$.

eagertorace
05-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
OK, two quads, Identical set ups otherwise, which is better, the roll design or houser Long Travel Arms? Is there a good reason for the extra cash for the roll setup?

I would say the same. I wouldn't pay the extra for roll unless you have the extra money. As far as long travel, laeger is the way to go but Very expensive!!

limetimeracerII
05-24-2005, 11:26 AM
IMO roll design is the best you can get. If you can afford it.

rummerd
05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
ok, I like knowledgable answers. I have owned a 250R with a houser LT setup and Elka tripple rates. Had dual rate elka in the back, SSD all the way. I loved the front end, and I know for a fact it was strong, I was hard on that quad, and the houser arms never gave me any trouble. I just bought a 400EX with Roll arms and axis shocks. What can I expect to be better about them,do they offer up more travel? I could never get my rear Elka dialed to go through the whoops like I wanted it too. I had to hit them really hard every time, my other R with your basic PEP tripple rates and PEP revalved rear was much better through the whoops at any speed, but, did not soak up the really big hits all that well. This was when Elka just started building shocks for ATV's, and I have heard that they are really good at getting the valving right the first time now.
Sucks having a nice machine and being deployed. But better than having no machine at all!

Houser440
05-24-2005, 04:47 PM
i have houser LT a-arms with AXIS shocks ... and i love it . it's a very good setup