PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Attica IN

papaplayedbase
05-21-2005, 05:57 AM
hey guys some buddies and i are planning a trip to attica to ride the badlands and was looking for some input. Is it worth the 4 hour trip from central KY . Also how strict are they on the adult beverages. Don't drink and ride but it sure is nice after a hard days riding to refresh yourself. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Doibugu2
05-21-2005, 09:48 AM
It's a decent place to ride. More than enought to do for a day.

They will search coolers on the way in, so you have to make sure they are pretty well hidden.

tj_escott
05-21-2005, 10:18 AM
I go up there quit-a-bit and they will search you cooler. If you get it by and you get caught they will make you leave. As for the riding it is pretty fun all day riding plus more. If you go be safe.

rwhitaker04
05-22-2005, 12:56 PM
its OKAY..thats all...i myself wouldnt drive 4 hrs to get there...if i were u id just go to haspin if u set on driving..ive been to both...and badlands is to much sand....as haspin has something for everyone....trails, dirt drag strip, 2 mx tracks and they allow your favorite of all favorite drinks in there....and its the same price as attica but if u stay longer pricing changes alot...

haspin- has more woods riding and everything

badlands- 90% sand and 10% woods

mx400
05-23-2005, 06:22 PM
badlands is alot more than just sand. They have some great tight twisty woods trails and a few mud holes. I would go to the Badlands over Haspin any day. Haspin just doesn't enforce their rules and allows people to drink. I have seen to many people leave in ambulances to go back to Haspin unless I am racing.

rwhitaker04
05-23-2005, 06:53 PM
well ive been both and ive actually seen more leave from attica via lifeline/ambulance in 1 day then all my times at haspin...and how do u not figure...its alot of sand..how many trails are their..all together..theres not many..just alot of bowls taht have hills going up them..

mx400
05-23-2005, 08:05 PM
there are a bunch of trail systems behind the big sand dunes. go down the main road and turn right at the Y then head all the way back to the back(near the trucks only section) and go to your right and just head back to the woods.

I have never seen anyone leave from attica in a life line chopper. I have seen about 12 leave in 1 day @ haspin though. Most because of being drunk, no helmet, or just plain stupidity.

rwhitaker04
05-23-2005, 08:23 PM
last time i was there a guy left in a life line

raptorman2001
05-27-2005, 08:29 AM
we always keep the beer in the cooler till you get the the rest station right buy it and then put them underneath the seat and then when you park put them back into the cooler it always works for us

Jake250ex
05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
badlands is freakin boring. You will see the same thing about 50 times in one day. Every hill that looks awesome that you want to climb there has a fence 2 feet behind it, so dont plan on any sick hillclimbing.

Haspin on the other hand.... 2 MX tracks (badlands has none), a dragstrip, TONS of woods, sweet hillclimbs, showers w/ hot water nice restrooms, a cafateria, you can camp overnight.... plus you can bring "adult beverages' :D

400ex28
05-29-2005, 05:02 PM
may i ask where haspin is located?

ive been to badlands and it gets boring after a while but i like it anyways....

figair
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Haspin Fricken Rocks...Dont waste your time going to badlands I found it to be boring after about 2hrs... Haspin is wicked go plan a trip there....:D

TRX250X
06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I enjoy Badlands a lot but I don't do a lot of crazy hillclimbing with the 250. I was just there Wed. for a while, not near long enough though.

It was my little brother's first time there and he has a bike. Needless to say he followed me over a hill that goes straight up, and straight down on the other side. I didn't realize he started following me or I would have stopped him. Needless to say he had way to much speed when he realized how it dropped off. Me and a buddy saw him "land" with a broken leg and a puncture wound to the same leg. We got him to the truck and bandaged up. They had maps to the hospital in the office and we got him over there. They sent him to Saint Elizabeth in Lafayette near where I live though.

2 days in the hospital due to the open wound and a rod in his leg later, and he's getting ready to get out of there in an hour or so. Needless to say we didn't get to much riding in.

MerrellR89
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I have been to both of them recently and my vote goes to haspin. We went up to badlands and drove for an hour and a half and we got there and waited until 10am(the gates are supposed to open @9) Then when we get in, we find out that we have 4 pages of bull#$%@ to fill out and you have to have a freakin notary. How stupid is that!?!? So we have to fax all the pages to an office so they can put a notary on it and we finally get through. The riding wasnt all that great. To me it seemed all the same where as haspin there is everything. The best part about haspin is you camp right where you park unlike the badlands they have a grass strip with a little fire pit. All you have to do at haspin is have a guardians signature and your signature. All I have to say is that it is definately worth the trip there cause you will like it alot more.

rwhitaker04
06-05-2005, 09:27 AM
and it sucks u only get 8 hrs of riding time no matter what....9-5 no matter how sunny it still is at 5 o'clock..that has to be the dumbest rule ever...and what they may change it to 6..when it stays light out til...8 or 8:30 now.? only reason i sometimes go to the badlands is due to fact its closer and easier to get to..if i was halfway between both of them...haspin defiantly..haspin is 10x if not more better then badlands..only good thing at badlands are the girls that work inside...

littleugly03
06-11-2005, 07:58 PM
u all go suck a duck! u ride what ever u like badlands is good for sand and little trails. and haspin is good for mud and no sand. if u have never been there go and try it out u might like it. if u live closer to badlands and u want to ride for a day u got there and the other way around.:devil:

moto93
06-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by MerrellR89
Then when we get in, we find out that we have 4 pages of bull#$%@ to fill out and you have to have a freakin notary. How stupid is that!?!?

We had been going to The Badlands for four years when they hit us with the notary crap. Needless to say we haven't been there since. We go to Bigrock now, it is 3X bigger and they appreciate our business.

parkers30
06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by rwhitaker04
and it sucks u only get 8 hrs of riding time no matter what....9-5 no matter how sunny it still is at 5 o'clock..that has to be the dumbest rule ever...and what they may change it to 6..when it stays light out til...8 or 8:30 now.?

they used to stay open till dark, in the summer we used to head over in the aftrenoon to ride, for half price. they rake in the money from all the people and put nothing back into the park, was a much nicer place to ride about 6-7 years ago

honda ex guy
06-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Anybody going this weekend? They usually let fathers ride free on fathers day.

TM426
06-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Badlands makes you fill out paperwork? I went a month or two ago and all I had to do was sign a paper. That sucks Ive never been to haspin. I gotta go.

12 o'clock
06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
all u have to do is sign a paper and they let you in im not sure about the notary thing must be for minors where the hell is haspin i want to go

watts16
06-28-2005, 11:33 AM
all we had to do was sign a paper and my dad signed next to it. That was about a month ago

blastereatin250
07-04-2005, 08:27 AM
2 questions:

1. Where is Haspen?
2. Where is Big Rock?

Jake250ex
07-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Haspin is in a little hick town called laurel.

blastereatin250
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
Haspin is in a little hick town called laurel.
In what state?

400ex28
07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by blastereatin250
In what state?

Indiana