PDA

View Full Version : quad bogging out

wantablaster
05-20-2005, 07:17 PM
hey i have a blaster and its starting to bog out when im ridin and when it is at idle if dont rev the gas a little bit it will stall. Im going to buy a new sparkplug tommorow.
It has a k and n air filter pro circuit exhaust and thats all that i wastold it had im not sure if it was rejeeted. If not being rejetted is the problem how much can is a jet kit going to cost me.
What do you think is wrong with it.

2muchquad
05-20-2005, 08:14 PM
you could try giving your carb a good cleaning.if it wont idle that sounds like a clogged pilot jet.i have seen a bad seal on the primary side of the crank can cause those symptoms aswell,too much oil getting in the bottom of cylinder/crank.does it smoke a lot?

wantablaster
05-20-2005, 08:23 PM
it does smoke a little during idle

wantablaster
05-20-2005, 08:25 PM
will i have to tear my motor down to clean out my carb

2muchquad
05-20-2005, 08:36 PM
no,youwont have to,a 2 stroke will smoke some because you are burning oil after all.if you dont leave a huge smokescreen going down the road you should be fine.make sure your air filter is clean and thereare no holes in it,that will mess your jetting up which can give you "bogging".along with a wrecked top end:)

wantablaster
05-20-2005, 08:41 PM
i do need to clean my airfilter so im gonna do that tommorow. I really hope its not the top end

wantablaster
05-20-2005, 08:44 PM
ya i no it will smoke a little but it seems like its smoking alot but only at idle and do you think that the kind of oil im running will help it run better. I run yamalube semi synthetic is there a better oil that i should use to make it run better

2muchquad
05-20-2005, 08:49 PM
yamalube should be fine.clean your filter and carb first before you worry about tearing the motor apart;)