PDA

View Full Version : kickstart

400EXcrazy
05-20-2005, 04:45 PM
i just got a new 05 450r today. i was wondering the kickstart is kinda hard to kick sometimes, is that just because is has to break in or is something wrong

450 grr
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
well i doubt it has to be broke in, but the best way to start the beast is to find the sweet spot and by that i mean the kicker should be about a quarter of the way down and then just give it one little kick, but do not touch the gas when your kick starting it, if you do you will find out what will happen. And I have found that it starts a hell of alot better in nuetral rather than pulling in the clutch.......

Punk'd
05-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Dont worry man. When I got my 450 it was a little hard to start. My friends even had a little trouble, but either it eases up our you get used to it and its easy from then on so dont worry just enjoy:macho

Anyother questions feel free to ask

400EXcrazy
05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks guys for responing so quick, i will have to try to sweet spot. i heard 1st gear was high and u can get a 13 tooth front sprocket to fix it. does that work good cuz i think its a lil too high for me so i may get a 13 tooth

05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 400EXcrazy
thanks guys for responing so quick, i will have to try to sweet spot. i heard 1st gear was high and u can get a 13 tooth front sprocket to fix it. does that work good cuz i think its a lil too high for me so i may get a 13 tooth a slip-on exhaust will solve that problem ;) you should come out and ride here in West nashville with me

Punk'd
05-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 400EXcrazy
thanks guys for responing so quick, i will have to try to sweet spot. i heard 1st gear was high and u can get a 13 tooth front sprocket to fix it. does that work good cuz i think its a lil too high for me so i may get a 13 tooth

I run a 13T its perfect. You will like it alot better if you ride trails and such. You dont loose alot of speed only a little in top end but I still smoke yfz's so dont worry:D