PDA

View Full Version : I need some jetting help

lildude
05-20-2005, 02:59 PM
ok i wanna put my airbox on with out holes or anything and it runs fine until i tape over the holes, i tried lowering the main all the way to a dynojet 146 it still runs fine but cuts out with the them tapes so i figure some how its still gotta be rich....

so what else do i need to change around and how do i do it?

chadmel
05-23-2005, 05:38 AM
It's going to depend on where it is cutting out throttle position-wise. Try and describe exactly what it is doing. It will be easier to troubleshoot that way. Hope this helps.

lildude
05-24-2005, 10:53 AM
its cuts out in the low rpms of the gears once its gets up and runnin it does ok though.

chadmel
05-26-2005, 06:53 AM
I'd double check your air/fuel mixture screw. Somewhere around 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. If that doesn't help, you can try going up one clip on the needle and see if that helps. Also, based on where your at with your air/fuel mixture screw you could have to change pilot jet also. I don't know how much you've messed with carbs, but jetting is kind of a painful process. Without knowing exactly where you need to be, it's just trial and error. The way it has worked for me is: if it is bogging or blubbering right off of idle, adjust the air/fuel mixture screw. You should be somewhere in the ballpark of 2 turns out + or - a half turn. Anywhere else and you probably need a different pilot jet. If you've got a bog or hesitation between idle and 1/4 throttle and can't tune it out with the air/fuel mixture screw, then it's probably the pilot jet. 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, it's probably the needle clip positon. And WOT is your main jet. Check your air/fuel screw, then I'd move the clip on your needle one position at a time. After you move it it should get a little better. If it get's worse, go the other way. It's really just trial and error until you find the best air fuel ratio. Hope this helps. Also, what mod's do you have on your bike. some of the guys on here may have similar setups and be able to get you pretty close.