PDA

View Full Version : Crazy story about shocks

09-15-2001, 06:29 AM
Me and a friend were riding last night and we were racin on this flat track at his house, we did about 10 laps and all of a sudden my front end dove down, i looked and the bottom of my shock had broke off. i was pretty mad but my friend had his old 250x so we put his shock on and thought we had fixed the problem. We rode some more and as i was pulling back in to his house to call it a night i did a wheelie and the shock on the other side broke the same exact way. so now i have 2 250x shocks and two broken 300ex shocks. just thought i would share this story
joe

4punksdad
09-16-2001, 05:53 AM
what part of NY are you from? I checked out your web page, and I saw some pics of you guys climbing the walls of a small gravel pit. When I lived in NY as a kid, I spent many hours engaged in the same activity. Lots of gravel pits in upstate NY. Perfect little hill climbs.............the first guy to bust the sod hanging over the edge always has his hands full!

09-16-2001, 03:10 PM
i am from near cortland, if u know where that is. it is about an hour north of binghamton. that gravel bed where we took those pictures was right next to my friends house and we rode there all summer then around august the owner who lives like 2 hours away flattened it all of b/c he didnt want us riding there any more, so that wall you see is just a gentle hill now:grr

4punksdad
09-16-2001, 04:39 PM
I grew up in oneonta.........45 minutes northeast of binghamton..........I guess you know where it is.

10-05-2001, 05:51 PM
Same thing happened to me on my Blaster. Thing is, i didn't have anything to replace it with and i was in an mx practice session.