PDA

View Full Version : Cracked block?

Steve-O Maximo
05-20-2005, 04:11 AM
I have an extra motor sitting in the garage, and as I was looking it over, I found a "patching job" on the bottom of the cranckcase. After some cleaning, I found two small cracks in the case, and they are affecting both sides of the crankcase. Is there a way to patch these cracks, so I can see if this motor still runs? Or what should I do. It's the same motor that's in my `99 Blaster, and I wouldn't mind getting this motor running for it. Is there any way to patch it up, where it could run and be tested on the quad, or should I scrap it?

I put some new oil in it, and the cracks leak little, not as much as I figured, specially when I pull the plug, and turn the motor over by hand. Seems to be all there, what should I do? I know I'm not spending 300+ dollars on a new case. It's just another motor that I don't really need.

bradley300
05-20-2005, 06:24 AM
call snyder motorsports. he should have a few extra sets of cases laying around that he can sell you for quite a bit less than new ones. www.snydermotorsports.net he wont answer during the day (he's at work) but leave your name, number and a good time to call that night and he will call you ASAP. tell him bradley sent you please.