PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions

bad01300ex
05-19-2005, 11:21 PM
just picked up my yfz and i got a few questions. they guy that had it put on a twist trottle and gave me the stock thumb, well i put the stock throttle on and there is a wire on it that i dont know what it goes to, it seems like there is some kind of switch but i cant figure out what it does??
also, its got an fmf titanium slip on and has been jetted for that, if i through the stock muffler on for sound issues, do i need to rejet? i thru it on and me and my buddy were riding it (at night) and the headpipe was glowing, should it do that?

atl855
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
1. like on the banshees and on the blasters the wier is the tors wire, if uoy look under your front plastic there should be a wire that has a loop it it it has 2 wires on 1 end of a connectoe and a single wire that connects the 2 wires together on the other side of the connection
2. rejet to stock jetting you can find this thru your dealer or if you call them they can look it up for the original jet
3. mine glows with the stock pipe and silencer, i have come to findout exhaust is hot and the pipe will glow
good luck

bad01300ex
05-20-2005, 09:08 PM
aight thanks, i ended up throwing the fmf back on, sounds better anyways, and what exactly is the function of that wire, i just cant figure it out?

EvilJester400EX
05-20-2005, 09:10 PM
If your carbeurator sticks wide open it will shut the engine off. Better to just leave it off, it will only cause electrical problems later on down the road.