PDA

View Full Version : shock cover ?

robby05
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Whats the best way to put a rear shock cover on my KFX400?

YFZ450Ridr
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
i had the same problem you did the first day i got mine and had shock covers ready for it.

the way i did it was stand it up on the grab bar, and have one of your buddies help you. grab a pair of needle-nose plyers and a long straight screw driver.

take the screw driver and push the cover down threw the swingarm while your buddy with the plyers pulls it all the way threw and gets it set in position. thats the way i did it and it took about 5 minutes.

Punk'd
05-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i had the same problem you did the first day i got mine and had shock covers ready for it.

the way i did it was stand it up on the grab bar, and have one of your buddies help you. grab a pair of needle-nose plyers and a long straight screw driver.

take the screw driver and push the cover down threw the swingarm while your buddy with the plyers pulls it all the way threw and gets it set in position. thats the way i did it and it took about 5 minutes.

Ehh that is a pain. Takes time. The fronts are pretty easy though.

nosliw
05-21-2005, 01:01 PM
on my ex i just took off the rear shock. good time to regrease it too

DWT74
05-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I had the same problem on my Z and my cousin and i cussed for an hr before we got his on. Suzuki should put one on the Z before they sell them. I also had the same trouble with my Raptor although it was a little bit easier not much.:cool:

woodsZrider
05-30-2005, 08:23 PM
it's better on the rear shock if you don't use a shock cover on it....
with all the grease from the chain, and the gas from the over flow hose, they say it's better to not use one..