PDA

View Full Version : GNC pros and the swingarms.

kyleschonert
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I have been looking at alot of the pictures from the GNC series and on pictures from this site and from magazines, I have nticed that a few of the Yamaha riders are still using there stock swing arms. SUch as Kory Ellis, and Pat Brown and more. Why are they still using the stocker, with Kory on a factory ride and a sponsorship at Alba, wouldnt he be using one of theirs? I donno, I just thought that was weird to see that.

ThumPIN_450R
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
with Ellis being a factory rider he is probably testing prototypes and such or he may just like the stock swinger

woodside83
05-20-2005, 05:56 AM
they made a great swinger for 04 and now they have made it stronger for 05, lost creek cycles also use the stocker, Bill ballance uses it to

Shawn H
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Bill uses it cause Yamaha wants him too! At least thats what he told me at the 12hrs last year.Also they are lighter!!! Maybe theres more to it idk?

They also get them for free when they do break them.

z03n05
05-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I asked Kory at Birch Creek about using them and he said they are stronger now and that they were lighter.

jgfarmsracer
05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Bill uses it cause Yamaha wants him too! At least thats what he told me at the 12hrs last year.Also they are lighter!!! Maybe theres more to it idk?

They also get them for free when they do break them.

yes but they had a Lonestar Arm for the 12 hr

Stockers are junk

FoxRacing81
05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Most of the Yamaha guys run the stock one on there 05s because they are stronger then 04. Bill Ballance even runs a stock axle!

bradley300
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer

Stockers are junk

they may have run it just for the 12 hour since it is such a long race. and johnny gallager is sponserd by LSR which i would assume is why they used an LSR one

bbrad mulvey
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Ive talk ed to a few poeple about that and they(swing arm companies) have all said that Yamaha hit it right on the nose with theie design and durabilty. The only thing that is week about the rear end is the carrier. They said one that goes them you see them being replaced. But even then that is still tough. But it is also a lot lighter than the after market companies at least JD performance. But JD's is also the strongest swing arm that money can buy...

Shawn H
05-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer

Stockers are junk

And thats cuz the stocker would never made it thru 12hrs.you should know that didnt you break 2 of them :D

He told me they last about 1 race:eek:

jgfarmsracer
05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
ya we broke two of them

mine had six xc races and very little practic time and in 4 hrs of that race it was commin' apart

Then the other one had about 9 xc races it came apart in three laps

both cracked above linkage mount and on left side by the chain tension bolt!!!!

last one finished the race and is in the corner of a shop somewhere!!!!

Johnny & Monica
05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
We broke my stock swingarm at the 12 hour race also,An put a rpm swingarm on it an broke it also:( Cured the problem by buying a Honda:devil:

jgfarmsracer
05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
And thats cuz the stocker would never made it thru 12hrs.you should know that didnt you break 2 of them :D

He told me they last about 1 race:eek:

cost us a top 3 finish too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!