PDA

View Full Version : DGH needle

wvspeedfreak
05-19-2005, 08:08 PM
I am running a mildly ported stock jug bored .030 with a FMF Fatty pipe,power core silencer,V-force reeds with spacer and an ESR air box eliminator.My question is this:
The only carb I currently have is a PWK 39mm with a DGH needle.Is this needle going to be way rich for my current set up?

machwon
05-20-2005, 08:23 PM
That needle should be pretty good for that carb and your set up. I usually run a 42 pilot, 178 main for summer, 48 pilot and 185 main for winter.

wvspeedfreak
05-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the input.

beerock
05-21-2005, 12:37 PM
NO, that needle sucks for a stock jug that needle is better for a big broe motor, trust me on this i ran one for 2 years and always would foul my plugs after 4-5 hour riding. when i say FOUL i mean the bottom and mid would get real sluggish.

Take my advice BUY A CEL needle it will make you think you got a new port job. it was the best think i ever did to my stock jugged motor.

machwon
05-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Yea, and your using a 55 pilot? Why don't you post the rest of your specs so this guy isn't guessing on the rest of it.

I never foul plugs either.

beerock
05-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by machwon
Yea, and your using a 55 pilot? Why don't you post the rest of your specs so this guy isn't guessing on the rest of it.

I never foul plugs either.

what does my pilot have to do with how the bottom to mid top perform? Honestly I dont know if its a 52 or 55.
Also my motor is very different from the usual run of the mill stock jug "ported"250. it keeps up with 310's when on the top end. but the sacrifice is if your not 3/4 to WOT.

the motor USE to be sluggish with the dgh and because my motor would be more capable of using a DGH then a motor with less of a port job the CEL would be even more useful.

machwon, i garauntee if you swtich that dgh to a CEL you will thank me. I think xandada did it and was really happy.

but here are the specs i ran

52-55 pilot
CEL needle
178 main

machwon
05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
You are running a larger pilot cause your needle is leaner. Dropping the pilot in that carb will make the difference.

beerock
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by machwon
You are running a larger pilot cause your needle is leaner. Dropping the pilot in that carb will make the difference.

the pilot is for idle thats it, that wont help 1/4 to wot

machwon
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
And your needle is leaner in th 1/8-1/4 throttle due to the larger diameter.

beerock
05-22-2005, 06:26 PM
ok sorry 1/8 to WOT the pilot is for idle......

0 throttle to 1/8 thats where the pilot works

and im not running a larger pilot because of the needle, thats the pilot that was in it with the dgh as well. the idle was always FINE with both needles, hence my reason for saying it has ntohgin to do with the needle.