PDA

View Full Version : sunk new yfz 4days old

percyboot
05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
today i went riding and acciedently rolled in to a creek. i cut off motor before went under. even though the whole thing never went under completely, the air box is dry and the exhaust had some water in it. when i turn key on and try to start the motor or should i say the starter just makes a clicking sound. soesn't even turn over. talked to guys at dealer ship and they think there sould be something wrong i do to. just trying to see if you guys have any sugestions. thanks

muddy400EX
05-19-2005, 08:17 PM
maybe take the carb off and make sure theres no water in it. and maybe check all the electrical things and clean them. i dont really know much else, ive never rolled my wheeler into a creek before:eek:

CARLSON
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM
i would remove the spark plug then try to turn it over theres probly water in the cylinder.i would also change the oil twice.

percyboot
05-20-2005, 02:24 PM
carlson thank you! my buddy told me the some thing this morning and i did exactly that, it works fine now. GOD i thought i messed it up for good. have a nice day

Out_Sider
05-22-2005, 11:16 AM
i went off a cliff when i used to trail ride my 300 and sunk it, change your oil like 4 times! and put new gas in it and keep replacing the plug often

percyboot
05-23-2005, 09:22 AM
why replace the plug
i am now haveing trouble with battery holding charge would that have anything with the plug, or would you have any advise on where to start looking to fix this shortage problem. i don't think its the battery because i jumped it off and it holds charge for a while. thanks any one let me know somehting please