PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar linkless -stock air box

33 Jay
05-19-2005, 06:23 PM
I want to try and run a stock airbox on a Lonestar No LINK frame 250R and understand that some have done it by moving the box back and cutting the bottom up a bit. I want to try and find someone who has done this and might have a photo. Thanks!

hontrx265r
05-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I have a stock airbox that has been moved back, I cut the top directly under the lip where the lid and bottom half come together, then went to the hardware store and bought a piece of pvc can't remember the diameter but it fit nice and snug around the airbox snorkle. Cut that just long enough to clear the other smaller intake hole about 1/2 in or so then take your lt500 boot and put it over that. epoxy it all together for extra strength

rebelbanshee
05-31-2005, 01:49 PM
anyone have anymore information on this?

WKY400EX
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
I have a stock airbox that has been moved back, I cut the top directly under the lip where the lid and bottom half come together, then went to the hardware store and bought a piece of pvc can't remember the diameter but it fit nice and snug around the airbox snorkle. Cut that just long enough to clear the other smaller intake hole about 1/2 in or so then take your lt500 boot and put it over that. epoxy it all together for extra strength Do you have anymore pics of your setup hontrx265r? I would like to seem some if you do. Thanks!

hontrx265r
06-02-2005, 01:58 PM
pics of the whole bike or just the no link stuff?

WKY400EX
06-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
pics of the whole bike or just the no link stuff? I would really like to see some pictures of the no-link stuff, and the airbox setup with the rear plastics off. If it's no big deal, would you please send me some pics? My email is: bcstine@bellsouth.net . Thanks a lot!