PDA

View Full Version : Process of Building a Track

250-R-250
05-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey, I am wondering what the best way to build a track is...for example....Add or take away dirt...I am starting with about 20 acres of FLAT Land its a field.NO TREES at all in the field..So My problem is do I need to truck in dirt and keep the Flat actuall field the basis of the track...or should i rent a tractor and take away dirt as I need to...If you can picture this...Making the basis of the track below actuall land elevation of the surrounding land..Then using that dirt to make the jumps? I know this came out all wrong...I want this to be as technical and similar to a pro track as possible
Thanks

250-R-250
05-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Mods delete I think this in is wrong area

06-02-2005, 07:45 PM
just delete it urself

BigAl
06-05-2005, 04:51 PM
dig a pond in the middle of your field.

use the dirt for jumps, and the pond for water.

bansheemorphine
06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
i think renting a tractor and digging under the grounds surface and using that dirt for jumps would be the cheapest

Jeffksf
06-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Also keep an eye out on any near by construction sites that look to be hauling dirt out. Stop and ask them if they are looking to get rid of any dirt. If your lucky you might get it for free.

Moto92
06-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Most tracks you will see a retension pond very close. Thats a soure of dirt and water for your track. But do not try to dig a hole and put your track in it, that wouldnt be very sensable. Just check your local paper for ads of people offering fill dirt.

bigvforcer
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Using the dirt around you is fine but remember if you take away from the surface level the groundwater will run to the area you took the dirt from because it is lower. I would try t get free dirt from a construction site or something like that. We did the same thing in the field we built our tack and we had to run pipe to empty the water from laying in the field.