PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about a YOUTH BUILD OFF

enduro400rider
05-19-2005, 02:25 PM
i was thinkin the other day that maby it would be cool to do a youth quad build off. basically like members on here that are 18 or younger have a build off i guess it would be kinda like the poor man build off only with us younger members because we dont have much cash. maby have it start begining of june throught the first part of augast. have motor size classes like

49-99cc
100-200cc
301-400
401-450
450+

the rules would be that the contestant must pay for there own parts and not have mommy or daddy pay for your bike. you can get machanical help if you need it. a before and after pic must be posted.

let me know if anyones interested, i just thought it would be cool to do. i dont know about any prizes or anything yet but we will see what happens you would deffinatly get the braggin rights for sure though

Out_Sider
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
:rolleyes:

chucked
05-19-2005, 02:29 PM
lol all you would hear throughout the whole thing is people saying nasty stuff like "your parents paid for that blah blah blah"

enduro400rider
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by chucked
lol all you would hear throughout the whole thing is people saying nasty stuff like "your parents paid for that blah blah blah"

hmmm. we could just add a new rule No whinning about who paid for what just be honest, now i could understand if some got a little bit of help from there parents but im talkin about them payin for everything

chucked
05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
hmmm. we could just add a new rule No whinning about who paid for what just be honest, now i could understand if some got a little bit of help from there parents but im talkin about them payin for everything Ok, how is a child going to raise money for a quad?

enduro400rider
05-19-2005, 02:40 PM
i pretty much figured it would be teens not like a 7 year old, if your a teen ager you could get a job or maby even have one all ready and just savin what you get, i know i could pay for mine i work when ever i can so i can pay for stuff on my quad im only 15 and have paid for most of whats on my bike. they gotta pay for it like everyone else, work

TRX_450
05-19-2005, 02:52 PM
im game for that....but i think u otta have age classes too....i dunno its just a thot but either way id wanna do it

DeerNuts
05-19-2005, 02:55 PM
The kids on here are already whiny enough. It will only make it worse.

Also, do you really think that the "Poor Man Build Off" consists of mostly adults? It is a youth build off! Most of them are young.

enduro400rider
05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
im game for that....but i think u otta have age classes too....i dunno its just a thot but either way id wanna do it

yeah thats cool man, your in if this takes off i guess for the age it could be 13 to 16 and 17 to 18 and if your younger than those ages and still want in say somthing and mabe we can work out a younger class or put you in the 13 to 16 group

Mxjunkie
05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

Also, do you really think that the "Poor Man Build Off" consists of mostly adults? It is a youth build off! Most of them are young.

yeah, youngest one was 10 years old, then the oldest was 20? the rest is all youth. btw it ends may 25th so keep an eye out for the voting threads here in the open fourm :macho

I'll probaly do this next year as well.

enduro400rider
05-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

yeah some people are whinny but o well we will either deal with it or deleate the whinny posts. and with the poor man build off yes i know there are alot of young builders but not every one got a chance to be in because they had a limit so it would allow the people who missed out on that to be in a build off

Mxjunkie
05-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
yeah some people are whinny but o well we will either deal with it or deleate the whinny posts. and with the poor man build off yes i know there are alot of young builders but not every one got a chance to be in because they had a limit so it would allow the people who missed out on that to be in a build off

We have have limits because we all have jobs etc.

Just FYI, I have it set up in class's, and The ones that had a smaller budget go agaisnt each other all equal quads etc.

I had over 50 entries soo I dont think getting people is a problem ;)

250-R-250
05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I wish somehow we could have a build off with limited amount of $ to invest in the project. I am sure some people would come up with some inexpensive and good ideas.

it could be named "Cheapest quad buildoff"

TRX_450
05-19-2005, 03:27 PM
yea we otta do that...lol i was jus totalin up wat i could do to mine at it came up to 910 bux....thats alot of money for a 14 year old to come up wit....i think the cheapest quad b uildoff would be great..and add the age classes...id do like 13-14 and if there aint like at kleast 5 ppl or so make it 13-15 and then 16-18

TRX_450
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
btw this is jus wat i been waitin for..lol a REASON to trick out my stock 400ex :D :D

theTman
05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
uh...same thing as the poor man build off buddy

Myrtle150
05-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Im up for it lets do it

MadDog56
05-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
:rolleyes:
+1

TheFontMaster
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
You have good intentions, but I don't think its gonnd take off like the poor man build off did. The poor man build off was for people who didn't have the money for the quad builder of the year. And now a contest that will be even cheeper than that? Like Josh said the oldes person in his contest is 20. I seen quads in the poor man build off that have about 100-probably 4 grand in them. So all bases are covered there.

TRX_450
05-19-2005, 09:16 PM
im willin to join and support ya dude....make it jus a youth thing..like 13-15 maybe.....i dunno...im all bout doin a build off im excited bout this one..please dont cancel it...i got some awsome ideas bout wast ima do to my quad...and my dad actually said hed help me work on it....which i NEVER hear from him...i mean he wouldnt even help me look for a quad and i had to pay for this one all by myself...not real easy only bein 14

250-R-250
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Excactly you just proved my point. The poor mans build off isnt poor. sorry but if you got 4 grand to spend on a quad your a pretty well off sob. What I am saying is having the build off focosed on how much you can do for how little? You know
for example

ages 13-6 Limit of 900$ in total buildoff
ages 17-18 Limit of 2000 in total buildoff

and each competitor would list how much was invested and cost of each item and change made to the quad. IDK I think it would give the low budget teens a chance at something?

who else is with me.

Mxjunkie
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 250-R-250
Excactly you just proved my point. The poor mans build off isnt poor.

It is poor, I have a budget section for each class then a UNLIMTED section, its still poor we're all kids and we work for our stuff, its not like we have 20,000 in our quads. many went with frontends, shocks, I went with painting etc.

the Budget was mainly do little things with a small budget and if yours looks better you win its all equal and all poor in its ways.

some spent 50 bucks, some spent 5,000 they arent in the same group, I made it so everyone has a chance.

250-R-250
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Sorry Mxjunkie I didnt see the budget part...I guess I got lost upon the 50 pages of that thing if you say its already been done. then I beleive ya. I thought it was a good idea thats why I was pushing it

Mxjunkie
05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 250-R-250
Sorry Mxjunkie I didnt see the budget part...I guess I got lost upon the 50 pages of that thing if you say its already been done. then I beleive ya. I thought it was a good idea thats why I was pushing it

Just trying to clear some stuff up :) I think you guys should do a build off, its alot of work but if you stick with it, and work out all the complaints it works out nicely. ;) even though its pretty much what mine is :ermm:

TRX_450
05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
i dunno..im just really excited bout this and i hope it works out...i dunno i thot maybe we could have a prize for first seond and third place? i dunno maybe some renthal bars for first and like a EXriders tshirt for second and some decals for third?...i dunno jus an idea....wouldnt cost a whole lot either.....

enduro400rider
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
hey i sent you a PM TRX 450R, hopefully we can set somthin up about rules. i think we might have a total limit of 2k max on money invested on the bikes. if anyone else wants in let me know. Myrtle150 if you have any ideas PM me with what ya got.

TRX_450
05-22-2005, 02:30 PM
well r we gonna do this???.....ive got parts already picked out and a few of em orderd....im takin pics today after i wash it so ill have a b4 pic.....lemme no

MotoX3
05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
man how many people are doing rebuilds this late...save it for winter

DeerNuts
05-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
man how many people are doing rebuilds this late...save it for winter

Yep