PDA

View Full Version : Axis out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MX250r
05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Word on the west coast is that Penske Racing (owner of axis) showed up to the axis shop in Cali and loaded everything up. I feel sorry for all you Custom Axis owners. The only thing they said when they loaded everything up was that their just not producing enough. That's pretty hard to imagine. I will let you know when I find out more.

MX250r
05-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Actually they are just moving to Reading, Pa.

cdalejef
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
The two main guys that ran the Axis quad division quit. Don't be suprised if they stop producing Axis shocks.

EvilJester400EX
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
From what I've heard they're coming out with a shock that has high and low speed comp. adjust and rebound? If that's the case, I don't see them going out.

cdalejef
05-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
From what I've heard they're coming out with a shock that has high and low speed comp. adjust and rebound? If that's the case, I don't see them going out. That was before all this happened.

Rico
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
They're going to work for Elka.....:eek:

EvilJester400EX
05-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
That was before all this happened.

Ohh, thanks. :cool:

JRDrider22
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Wow that's pretty crazy. Now pep and elka are gonna step it up to be number 1.

rollie
05-19-2005, 06:48 PM
that sucks:(

Lance F
05-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Ive seen an interview with the new guys. They are continuing production, r and d from pennsylvania.

EvilJester400EX
05-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Seems like they will actually be doing better by moving to Pennsylvania. Afterall, most of the customers are on the east coast and they're introducing a new shock in a short time.

Out_Sider
05-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Rico
They're going to work for Elka.....:eek:

maybe elka will have some plush shocks now :eek2: :p

Dave400ex
05-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Jeff why did they quit?

cdalejef
05-20-2005, 06:00 AM
I don't know the exact reason but as I understand it, they haven't been happy about Penski not wanting to put more money into the Axis program to develop better shocks.

Sc0
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
I have a friend that indirectly works for Peske as well, Penske is an @SSHOLE and this is a very small part of his moneypot!

Now if someone buys out the Axis line and rehires the two engineers and give them free reins.... watchout! Then again, they did the right thing as they developed something great and Penske doesn't want to do it so branch off and start your own company and market it...

If this new feature is marketed I hope they can retrofit the prior version of the shocks. Or to make more money perhaps offer the service to other brands as well.

my $.02 worth

ESrider
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
*&^%it,

I hope this doesn't hold up the shocks I'm waiting to have built.

BUCK442
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
WOW! I am shocked!

duke416ex
05-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BUCK442
WOW! I am shocked!

:rolleyes:

400grl
05-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I work for a Penske company, and this certainly sounds like something he'd do. He's ALL about the money.....if a company of his isn't making money, or enough money, he gets rid of it. That's why he does so well......it just sucks for Axis. I liked them alot.

exman
05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
bottom line is companies got to keep moving forward....just look back at the a-arm industry say around when the 400ex came out.....what were your choices then and look now....yes some were shabby...but they were new, and will eventually get it right....I hate to see axis have trouble like that....but i got ELKAS on 4 of my quads and wouldn't have it any other way...least for now lol

ckasper18
05-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Lets hope it works out for evryone we need more then three shock companys to keep the cost down for the buyers yes there is PEP and Elka and Works and even the new Fox skocks that Natalie runs.Lets hope that Axis is around in the shock bussiness for many years to come........

Yamahauler_04
05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Well then, you better hope Elka and Fox step it up, because PEP's business model will not support cost reduction.

Can't slash prices when you only sell a couple of hundred shocks a year. The volume doesn't support it.

05-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Axis is not out of business they have just simply moved to PA Penske Building and yes mike Hallock Former owner of axis and Rick Strickland are not continuing to work there. Mike and Rick have gone on to work for a company called sway-a-way who builds off road truck shocks and components. Mike hallocks Knowledge in the ATV industry will be missed as he was a pioneer in after market suspension from the begining of the ATV industry. Andy who has taken over product and development is at all of the GNC races in a Axis/penske box van. Have heard many thing on new product from axis to what extent not possitive hopefully they pick up where mike left off.
*Thank You Mike Hallock and Rick Strickland For developing Great Components

Warnerade
05-23-2005, 04:12 PM
maybe if TCS would step it up in the quad industry..

Craig02
05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by PC-AW
Axis is not out of business they have just simply moved to PA Penske Building and yes mike Hallock Former owner of axis and Rick Strickland are not continuing to work there. Mike and Rick have gone on to work for a company called sway-a-way who builds off road truck shocks and components. Mike hallocks Knowledge in the ATV industry will be missed as he was a pioneer in after market suspension from the begining of the ATV industry. Andy who has taken over product and development is at all of the GNC races in a Axis/penske box van. Have heard many thing on new product from axis to what extent not possitive hopefully they pick up where mike left off.
*Thank You Mike Hallock and Rick Strickland For developing Great Components

He is the only one that knows what he is talking about. Axis is not going out of business. They are cutting back on rider support though. They are developing some new piggyback style shocks now.

05-24-2005, 09:20 PM
i got some axis stickers, limited quantities, very limited edition, i will sell for $20 for a set of 2

lol :p :blah:

Volt [Z440]
05-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Word on the west coast is that Penske Racing (owner of axis) showed up to the axis shop in Cali and loaded everything up. I feel sorry for all you Custom Axis owners. The only thing they said when they loaded everything up was that their just not producing enough. That's pretty hard to imagine. I will let you know when I find out more.

Ya I heard the same thing 3 weeks ago from a sales rep.

05-26-2005, 09:31 PM
sounds like something roger would do...my grandpa used to race cars with him and he said hes a real *******. he hooked me up with a set of CA's though, so hes cool in my book hah. My grandpas race shop is an autorized dealer for penske car shocks, and the last time i went with him to the penske place in reading they were putting up Custom Axis banners in the shop, idk, i guess well just have to wait and see

dezertfreak
05-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Mike and Rick have gone on to work for a company called sway-a-way who builds off road truck shocks and components

that would be cool to see sway-a-way's on a quad, they make some good shocks. maybe someday we'll see a internal bypass on a quad

ESrider
05-27-2005, 06:19 AM
As mentioned above Axis is still in business and moved to PA. I received my new shocks yesterday, they are working on some new features and more adjustability which should be available in the near future. According to the dealer.

cdalejef
05-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by dezertfreak
that would be cool to see sway-a-way's on a quad, they make some good shocks. maybe someday we'll see a internal bypass on a quad Sway-a-way has no plans to get into the quad market. :(

05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
its true for sure that axis is not out of buisness, penske now answers their phones "hello,Penske/ Custom Axis"