PDA

View Full Version : 300ex or warrior!?!???

quad janern
05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
i am gona buy new quad but actually i dont know now wich i will buy i, i think mabe honda 300ex or yamaha 350 warrior.

wich would you go for?.i want that with the best power(mabe warrior?)
please help me to choose one
thanx
jan

300exOH
05-19-2005, 10:33 AM
The warrior is now the raptor 350. The yamaha is a bit faster than the 300ex but the 300ex has better handling and reliabilty. Both are great quads though.

sam the brave
05-19-2005, 12:44 PM
i would go with the raptor 350
its faster i think its handles better and is more stable
it will wellie if you want it to

the 300ex is just to unstable

red rider88
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Out_Sider
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
both are extremely reliable, the new rap 350 is lighter and quicker, but idk about handling, both kinda suck, but i think the 300 might have slightly better handling (an average trail rider would probably have a hard time noticing a big difference). more than likely the new raptor is better than the 300ex, but comes with a pretty significgant price difference, and the older warrior u can get used for cheaper, but the warrior vs. 300ex thing i'd take the 300ex over it because of the lighter weight and aglity

rodenberg35
05-19-2005, 03:19 PM
go with the honda.

quad janern
05-19-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah thanx guys for helping me.mabe i buy that 300ex

wich is the fastest off a 300ex and a 2003/2004 warrior?
acceleration and topspeed?

do you think the warrior would be good to race/jump and stuff if ill buy new: slip-on pipe,tires/rims,k&n air filter,shocks and more.

future 450?
05-19-2005, 04:49 PM
top speed... y do u care but i clocked mine at 60

xx3003xrdrxx
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
my 300's pushing 70

quad janern
05-20-2005, 04:07 AM
what have you done to it

Butters
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
i would go with the 300ex. i have both and the 300 just feels lighter. the front end on the warrior seems heavy.

bigbadbrad
05-23-2005, 03:19 PM
i own a300ex, and i wish i would have bought the 400ex instead, save yourself some time and money in the long run and buy a 400ex right away instead

bwamos
05-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
i own a300ex, and i wish i would have bought the 400ex instead, save yourself some time and money in the long run and buy a 400ex right away instead

Agree, grab a used 400ex ;)

300ex13
05-26-2005, 05:57 AM
the 300 is lighter and is better all around....if u want more power get a 400ex but if u want a smaller quad the 300 is what u want

MR.BIG
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
If you are ready go with the 400ex because that will blow the doors off both of them. They are fast and light and respond very well to mods. The warrior or raptor 350 are just way to heavy and aren't very fast at all go with the 400ex!

lilwitting
05-29-2005, 08:36 AM
do u people read dirt wheels they test the raptor 350 and the 300ex and they give all the points to the 300 it handles better much quicky and they said they would go with the honda from past experience

HONDA ALL THE WAY

big_hitter1122
06-03-2005, 01:36 PM
ya i would get the 300

tedscrappy300
06-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I got the 300ex and have all the mods listed below it will go almost 70mph which is wide open. I've ridden the warrior and raptor 350 they suck at handling. Go with the 300ex.

quad janern
06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
thanx and yeah,im going on 300ex

i have actually ordered one now,comes soon,3-4 weeks:D :D

big_hitter1122
06-03-2005, 02:03 PM
ya all my friends have 400ex's and blasters and i have my 300 and i can keep rite up with them,and one of my friends has a 350 and we have to slow down for him

quad janern
06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
laugh! LOL!haha:p ,and you have so many parts you can get to the 300ex

tedscrappy300
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by quad janern

Great choice

fasterblaster09
06-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by quad janern

good choice and good luck.

gario08
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
r yall f***ing retarded the warrior is way :eek2: by far better.
my friends 300ex wont even touch my stock 03 warrior and his is brand new and has a pipe, proflow intake, and a jet kit.
P.S. When we switch quad the result is the same the warrior kicks the 300s ***!

YeOldeTyme1988
07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
my stock warrior beat a 300 with hotcam, full wb exhaust and 325 big bore...and then my friends mojave beat the same 300 (pipe and filter)

I'd go with the warrior, better bike...easier reverse

But if the 400ex was an option....i'd go with that

altho honda's are gay as ****:devil:

YFZ450Ridr
07-28-2005, 06:28 PM
id get the raptor 350 if those are your choices. the yamaha has full grease zerks and a little more power over the 300. ive ridden a 300ex and i like the warrior/rap 350 more. either way, both the motors are straight BULLET PROOF and run about even. they are pretty evenly matched but there are probablly more aftermarket parts available for the 300ex/250x than the warrior/raptor 350.

WheelerBob
07-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Well I was going to stay out of this one but I can stay silent no more. As to the question at hand, A good friend of mine had a 1995 warrior and it was a pig, it was heavy & handled like garbage. I will say the power was ok, but that's it. As for the 300ex I've never owned one but every test or shootout i've ever read involving these two machine's the 300ex won hand's down. So my vote is 300ex. And to address the honda's are gay comment, I don't know what you ride but you can thank honda for it!! Let me explain, until honda released the 400ex in 1999 there were no hi performance quad's in production at all. In fact the raptor wasn't released until 2001, which mean's that yamaha was blindsided by the release of the 400ex. Honda jumpstarted the stagnent sport quad market, which mean's that if there was no honda and no 400ex all you honda hater's out there may not have your yfz, z400 or even the new raptor 700. You may not like honda and that's ok but honda is one of the most well respected company's in the world in many industries, everything from boat engines and snowblower's to car's and atv's, not to mention the fact that honda invented the atv in the first place, so the least you could do is show some respect.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

redrider91
07-28-2005, 08:17 PM
the 300 will win hands. in a 75 yard hole shot i can get a 3-4 bike length advantage both are pipes,jettedand have a aftermarket filter.
p.s. you should've gotten a 400ex

bwamos
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
when the trail looks like this ======== the warrior will win.
when it looks like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ the 300ex will usually win especially if it's been uncorked.. ;) (but it is still al close race)

But in a straight line stock vs stock the warrior will win everyday more CC's and NO rev-limiter. I never liked the way they rode though... but it's all preference.

The warrior is "almost" as bulletproof as the 300ex.

So.. it's really all about preference.

If I wanted to ride in a straight line.. I'd get a Banshee or an LT500.

Newer Blasters & the 300ex are almost identical.
350 warrior is a bit faster but a bit less agile.
350 Raptor... havent ever ridden one so I won't comment.

These are all compared with the standard pipe/filter/jetting/tire changes almost everyone makes.

Reggie
07-29-2005, 05:24 PM
I get what you guys are saying about the warrior, it it big, it does weigh alot....But its not that is handles bad, maybe its that the rider just doesnt know how to ride, i have no problems getting mine to hook up. So be4 u run your mouth abot how warriors are "pigs" try learning how to ride it first!

300excrazy98
07-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by tedscrappy300
I got the 300ex and have all the mods listed below it will go almost 70mph which is wide open. I've ridden the warrior and raptor 350 they suck at handling. Go with the 300ex.

sorry but there is no way your stock 300 goes 70 or even close to it with no engine mods at all.

Y would you even think about a yamaha??? DO you smoke a lot of crack of something? Get a HONDA!! There beter in the longrun! In five years from now your honda will run just like new where as a yamaha you would have replaced the engine 15 times

HONDA RULES!!

yamaharaptor350
07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
The warrior is now the raptor 350. The yamaha is a bit faster than the 300ex but the 300ex has better handling and reliabilty. Both are great quads though.
whoa... the warrior is probablr the most realiable quad out man its been the same motor since 87 and has been proven to be bullet proof and i reallt dought the 300ex handles better than the raptor 350...

YFZ450Ridr
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by yamaharaptor350
whoa... the warrior is probablr the most realiable quad out man its been the same motor since 87 and has been proven to be bullet proof and i reallt dought the 300ex handles better than the raptor 350...

300ex motor has been around the block a few times too, ever herd of the honda fourtrax 250x? same bike just older years;) the 300ex does handle better than a warrior, but the new raptor 350 i dont know, its 20 lbs lighter and sits more like a sport quad should. if it were me id get the yamaha.

yamaharaptor350
07-30-2005, 09:02 AM
the 350 raptor looks 10000 times better than the 300ex also in my opinion

DeathShadow
07-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by 300excrazy98
sorry but there is no way your stock 300 goes 70 or even close to it with no engine mods at all.

Y would you even think about a yamaha??? DO you smoke a lot of crack of something? Get a HONDA!! There beter in the longrun! In five years from now your honda will run just like new where as a yamaha you would have replaced the engine 15 times

HONDA RULES!!

Are you stupid dude? Yamaha & Honda are both VERY reliable companies with some of the best technology out there... You are an idiot if you think it’s not going to blow up just because it’s a Honda. A Yamaha blowing up 15 times in 5 years just because it’s a Yamaha? You truly are an idiot... The motor blowing up has everything to do with the owner and how much he rides it, beats on it, tunes it, takes care of it, etc... My friend had a 400EX bomb on him completely needed a brand new motor because he didn’t change the oil... It doesn’t mean it’s not a reliable quad it just means it failed due to abuse just as a Yamaha would under the same conditions. :huh

DeathShadow
07-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Id take a Warrior/Raptor 350 over a 300EX...

kreed5821
07-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DeathShadow
Id take a Warrior/Raptor 350 over a 300EX...

Evidently I would too. I did! I rode my brother's ex for a while just to make sure that the raptor was what I wanted. I've always been partial to yammys anyway. Ride what ya like. Chances are that on trails you can't top it out anyway.

kreed5821
07-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by WheelerBob
A good friend of mine had a 1995 warrior and it was a pig, it was heavy & handled like garbage. I will say the power was ok, but that's it. As for the 300ex I've never owned one but every test or shootout i've ever read involving these two machine's the 300ex won hand's down. So my vote is 300ex...until honda released the 400ex in 1999 there were no hi performance quad's in production at all. In fact the raptor wasn't released until 2001, which mean's that yamaha was blindsided by the release of the 400ex. Honda jumpstarted the stagnent sport quad market, which mean's that if there was no honda and no 400ex all you honda hater's out there may not have your yfz, z400 or even the new raptor 700. You may not like honda and that's ok but honda is one of the most well respected company's in the world in many industries, everything from boat engines and snowblower's to car's and atv's, not to mention the fact that honda invented the atv in the first place, so the least you could do is show some respect.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't think so man, the 400ex wasn't the first sport quad. Suzuki's Quadsport was the first high performance sport quad and it took honda by surprise more than the ex took yamaha by surprise. Honda and Yamaha were too focused on the three wheelers at the time. I'm not knocking honda, but giving them credit for starting high performance sports quads is BS.

And you are basing your argument on someone else's opinions? How bout riding each and then using your own judgement? I've rode all three (raptor, warrior, 300ex) often. I don't like the feel of the warrior, but love the feel of the rappy. The rider position is totally different to me. A friend I ride with is just the opposite, he prefers the warrior's feel. To each his own, but I'll base my judgement on my experience.

WheelerBob
07-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Kreed you are right about suzuki being the first to offer a hi performance quad, the ltz 250 quad racer in 1985, and since i'm 34 year's old i remember it well. But what i said is in 1999 there was no hi performance quads in production except the ex400, no one had offered a hi perfofmance quad in almost a decade. So me saying that honda jumpstarted a stagnent sport quad market is absolutly true, I never gave honda credit for inventing sport quad's just reinventing them, I stand by my statement that without the 400ex there may not be a raptor or z400 at all, and i also stand by the fact that honda invented the sport with the release of the atc 90, also known as the us90, yes i know it was a three wheeler but three wheels led to four wheels. So you should check your fact's before telling somebody there BS. And as to the warrior question, my opinion on the 1995 warrior is based on riding experience, and you can't compare the warrior to the new raptor 350 because the only thing they share is the motor, the rest of the quad is all new, and i would expect it to handle better. So when someone ask's about a warrior or a raptor 350 be carefull what you recomend because a raptor 350 is no warrior.:mad: :mad: :mad:

kreed5821
07-31-2005, 03:38 PM
I, too, remember well when the quadsports came out. I was mainly riding a Honda 250 three wheeler at the time. I also read your post carefully and fully understood what you were saying. But I don't believe that honda is solely responsible for the stagnant market being revitalized. Had honda not done it, one of the others would have. Honda is not the only big company or the only innovative one which is what I was pointing out with the quadsport. The opinions you gave as fact are what I was calling BS, not the actual facts.

And you say I can't compare the warrior to the raptor, but then you can compare them to something you've never ridden. I'm not throwing off on the ex or the warrior, but you sound very one-sided about it. I just want to give the perspective of someone who has had very good experiences with yamahas. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Were banshees and warriors not in production in 1999? Or do you just not consider them sport quads?

WheelerBob
07-31-2005, 04:57 PM
As for the warrior vs 300ex, as i stated my experience with the 1995 warrior was that it was heavy and didn't handle well at all, that was not just my opinion, the guy that owned the warrior liked it but almost all my other friend's did not. And as i stated my knowledge of the 300ex was from reading tests and shootout's that had both quad's featured, and as i said every time the 300ex came out on top, every one agrees that the warrior has more power but the 300ex outshines it with superior handling and ergo's. Just repeating what i've read over the years. As for the sport quad issue both the warrior and banshee are sport quads just not high performance sport quads. It's true the banshee has the power to take almost any stock quad in a drag race (except the yfz and 450r) but that's were the performance part stops, it's well known the banshee doesn't handle very well, there great for the dune's but when's the last time you seen one win a mx or gncc. Just my opinion agree with it or not it's still mine.:chinese: :chinese:

kreed5821
07-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by WheelerBob
As for the warrior vs 300ex, as i stated my experience with the 1995 warrior was that it was heavy and didn't handle well at all, that was not just my opinion, the guy that owned the warrior liked it but almost all my other friend's did not. And as i stated my knowledge of the 300ex was from reading tests and shootout's that had both quad's featured, and as i said every time the 300ex came out on top, every one agrees that the warrior has more power but the 300ex outshines it with superior handling and ergo's. Just repeating what i've read over the years. As for the sport quad issue both the warrior and banshee are sport quads just not high performance sport quads. It's true the banshee has the power to take almost any stock quad in a drag race (except the yfz and 450r) but that's were the performance part stops, it's well known the banshee doesn't handle very well, there great for the dune's but when's the last time you seen one win a mx or gncc. Just my opinion agree with it or not it's still mine.:chinese: :chinese:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't agree with passing it off as fact or adopting someone else's opinion. Which is what you do if you base one on an article instead of experience. That is like basing an opinion on someone else's opinion. And a lot of people would disagree with you about the banshees and warriors regardless of your opinion. As you stated, your friend liked his warrior. Just because you and other friends had a different opinion doesn't make your opinion any more valuable than his. No biggie, like I said before I don't like the feel of a warrior either, but I don't say they are worse than something else that I haven't ridden.

As for high-performance, I've talked to some people who don't consider the 400ex as high performance. I do but I also consider a banshee as high performance as well.

jvd182
07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
I would go with what you feel best on or what you plan to do. I race youth production so that took out the choice of the rappy/warrior 350. But yes they are pretty relible and more power full stock, but not enough to make a diffrence. ex. On an mx track stock for stock it with to people never riddin there, with both same tires nothing else it would truly come down to the riders skills and abilitlys.

tp300ex
07-31-2005, 07:41 PM
i love hondas never had a yamaha....But i would go with the raptor 350!!

kreed5821
07-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I think JVD182 had it right "go with what you feel best on". Personally, before I had a quad I would have loved to had anything. All of the big name manufacturers are making great quality machines. And all have their perks. The only honda I've owned was a 200 three wheeler and I would still like to have a Big Red 250 (used to ride one a lot), but the only quad or dirtbike have been yammies. Can't say I've had bad experience with hondas though, I've chased cows on them many, many times.

DSWwarrior350
07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
The 300ex and the warrior are pretty close matched from the factory, i have rode both, raced against both on strait stretches, pavement, tracks. From personal experience if the warrior rider is good at all around riding the 300ex will not show it a thing. The one thing i hate about the 300ex is the most, well actually there are 2 things. 1 is the reverse. 2 would have to be the motor, without mods it has a gutless feel to it, they have no bottom end, come on hard in the midrange and die at top end. The warrior has a smooth all around power everywhere feel and its also more powerful everywhere. The first time i rode a 300ex i was amazed at the midrance but was honestly dissapointed because it just dies and has no topend pull. In full stock trim the 300ex and warrior would be dead even on an mx course with equal riders. And a 300ex will not hit 70 without alot of mods and some major sprocket changes, my warrior with 22's and 14 tooth front was lucky to hit 71 on a good day. I have drag raced a 300ex also and the outcome wasnt pretty, in 500 feet i had 6-7 lengths on a piped 300ex, the distance between would ahve only got worse the further we would ahve went. The 300ex may have a good motor but the quad overall is not that realiable. Like said its what you feel best on, but in my opinion the 300ex has a small feel, and its also feels cheap and unstable.:rolleyes:

jvd182
08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
You were good until you had to make those gay comments at the end. Thats your oppion and you already lost he bought a 300ex lol

yamaharaptor350
08-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
You were good until you had to make those gay comments at the end. Thats your oppion and you already lost he bought a 300ex lol
haha didnt know it was a compition to tell the kid what to buy

DSWwarrior350
08-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jvd182

Since when is it "gay" to state my opinion, i didnt say it was cheap i was simply stating my personal feel of the quad. It just doesnt feel right to me, my warrior may not feel right to you, i dont think thats "gay" i just see that as your opinion.:huh

playmaker3737
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
he said warrior or 300ex, out of those two, deff go with the warrior i ahveone no mods, bc is my first atv, i jump it, n race my friends n stuff. i get blown away by my buddys rator 660, n yz125, but so wat. its a jumping machine if you set the shocks correctly...i would get aftermarket handlebars to, when i flip my warrior, the handlebars always it pisses me off. i cant wheelie that well in sand but i can on trails or the street:D go with the warrior or you are an idiot:rolleyes: :eek2:

Quadboy350
01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
WARRIOR DUDE ALL THE WAY

Titanium
01-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Quadboy350
WARRIOR DUDE ALL THE WAY

Dude i sware... friggen noob look at his name if ur so smart i think he's made his decision. dumba**:rolleyes: o and by the way nice job on wakin up an old thread.

Bigun55
01-14-2006, 08:54 AM
yep he went with the only way 2 go. He got the honda.

elementryder
01-15-2006, 11:35 AM
my dad has an 87 warrior and i have a 05 300ex and we dragg raced up the street and he beat me by 3 or 4 4wheeler lengths

humblesquirel21
01-17-2006, 04:05 AM
switch quads its the only true test

elementryder
01-17-2006, 01:22 PM
later we switched and i smoked him//my 300ex is truly slow but i got it because i am going to race