PDA

View Full Version : stolen, recovered, knee immobilizer

big-guy
05-19-2005, 04:31 AM
So I get off work tonight at 11pm, and go to the parking lot to find that my truck has been stolen, along with the ol' 400.
The cop shows up, and it turns out that they have already been chasing the thief, for street racing (77 ford p/u with 429, interceptor c6), but he got away.
About an hour later, I get a call at home that they have found the truck and quad, and I need to come get them.
The door lock and ignition have been punched, so my dad and I hotwire the truck, and it takes off because neither of us bother to check if it's in gear (this explains why it won't start, prndl switch ***smacks head***)
I grab ahold of the drivers door and try to jump in, hyperextend my knee, my truck t bones my dad's new Siverado, and I lay down in the muddy gravel to contemplate the existance of god.
We get everything loaded back up, haul it home, and my Dad goes in the house to tell my mom, "Everything's Ok, we're going to the hospital now."
Possible chipped knee cap, likely torn ligament, so now I'm on the vicodin. woo hoo.
Moral of the story, no matter what you do, always wear clean underwear.

JTRtrx250r
05-19-2005, 08:52 AM
WTF is w/ the theiving pricks around this state lately? Not to mention they seem to be the dumbest theives around here also:confused:

I welcome any effin loser come and try punking my chit!:devil: but then again mine sits in a locked shop

Glad to hear you got you stuff back!!!:cool:

Did they catch the prick?:confused:

Cole Trane
05-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by big-guy
Moral of the story, no matter what you do, always wear clean underwear.

That's some great advice right there.

sly400ex
05-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Hahaha...good story, gotta take some good with the bad!

praetorian
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Thats funny chit right there.............

Glad you got your stuff back and your ok.

Going to the store right now to buy clean underwear.

Dan_Guetter
05-19-2005, 12:11 PM
what a story.....:eek2:

lol

big-guy
05-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Update: an arrest has been made, and it looks like a felony since the quad was in the back of the truck ($200 truck and a $3000 quad). I'm trying to get a name and address, so when he gets released, we can throw him a blanket party. You're all invited!

However, my insurance won't cover the damage to my dad's truck, so I may be mowing lawns all summer to pay for that...

chucked
05-19-2005, 01:46 PM
holy crap that sucks!! But remember, bones heal, parts dont.

big-guy
05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
The thieves:

Joshua Kevin Parker, age 18
James Louis Huffman, age 25
$10,000 bail.

JTRtrx250r
05-20-2005, 09:16 PM
The thieves:

$10,000 bail. what is it all the kids say.... OWN3D!!!!:D

chucked
05-21-2005, 07:58 AM
The thieves:

$10,000 bail.

NICE!!!!

JRDrider22
05-21-2005, 09:01 AM
dude man thats crazy.. find out where he lives..lets throw a big one

Hondadudeehhhh
05-21-2005, 10:39 AM
people who still cars make me laugh. they almost always get cought. Im glad you got your quad and truck back

big-guy
05-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
dude man thats crazy.. find out where he lives..lets throw a big one

My brother's baby's momma works collections for a bank, so more info is coming. :)

Woodsrider
05-21-2005, 04:29 PM
The thieves:

$10,000 bail.

Do what I did when they caught the guy who stole my car a few years back. Put an ad in the local paper, let every one in town know that there are theives around and that they need to be watched every where they go. Post flyers in every store window, make it known that they are theives. Within two weeks the family of the kid who stole my chit, moved out of town.:D

big-guy
05-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Do what I did when they caught the guy who stole my car a few years back. Put an ad in the local paper, let every one in town know that there are theives around and that they need to be watched every where they go. Post flyers in every store window, make it known that they are theives. Within two weeks the family of the kid who stole my chit, moved out of town.:D

It was already in the paper, that's how I got the names! Around here, all the police calls, arrests and court actions are published daily.

Woodsrider
05-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Police blotters are always a hoot to read. But not everyone reads them. So I put a Bold type add in the city paper, with his mug shot. At first I got a call from the family of the punk who jacked my chit. Telling me they were gonna sue for sticking his picture in the paper and calling him a thief:rolleyes: I told them I had every right to place the add in the paper and to talk to my lawyer who told me to write the add. The Police dept was even kind enough to provide the mug shot:macho

05-21-2005, 11:44 PM
look in ur phone book and post their adresses, im sure thell get alot of fan mail!!OWNED

JOEX
05-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Great idea! :D

Depending on localities i'm sure you'd want to be careful how you word the 'ad' to avoid slander. I'd be concerned about the difference between arrested and convicted even if you 'know' the person committed the crime:ermm: How often do people trust lawyers? Only when the lawyers are on their side.....

Woodsrider
05-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Until just recently, here in Washington stealing a car was just a misdormeanor. You could get cuaght up to five times before you ever got more than just a slap on the wrist. The laws were changed with in the last two years making it tougher, but its still a joke. Our lawyer gave me the idea about the add. But you right Joe, be carefull what you place in the add.
I wish I had a copy of the add we ran. Something to this effect:
PUBLIC NOTICE! The induvidual pictured here has been charged in the theft of an automobile on (whatever the date was). He has yet to stand trial, but should not be trusted. He has prior convictions for the same crime as well as larsony, forgery and possesion of a controlled substance.

Lolli2
05-22-2005, 07:09 AM
I keep thinking....doesn't your Dad have insurance? But would they sue you if yours wouldn't cover it?

Glad you got your truck and quad back!

Raptorchick
05-22-2005, 12:23 PM
It was already in the paper, that's how I got the names! Around here, all the police calls, arrests and court actions are published daily.

You should make copies of that article and hang one up at all the local quad shops and tracks. :devil:

big-guy
05-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Lolli2
I keep thinking....doesn't your Dad have insurance? But would they sue you if yours wouldn't cover it?

Glad you got your truck and quad back!

Yes, the old man has insurance, and they're surprised mine(GEICO) won't pay. The state insurance commissioner's office is also surprised.
Here's the rub, if Pops files a claim with his ins. co., they go after my ins.co., who has already refused to pay, so then they go after me personally. So i'm better off just paying for it in the first place, avoiding the BS. repair places.

And would anyone pay $568 for (1) "new" wheel, a plain chrome chevy wheel? Seems high to me. That's a full third of the estimate.

that ad thing sounds like a good idea. I wonder if the police will give me a copy of the mug shots...

JOEX
05-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Yes, the old man has insurance, and they're surprised mine(GEICO) won't pay. The state insurance commissioner's office is also surprised.
Here's the rub, if Pops files a claim with his ins. co., they go after my ins.co., who has already refused to pay, so then they go after me personally. So i'm better off just paying for it in the first place, avoiding the BS. repair places.....

I still don't know who's worse, lawyers or insurance compaines......

Both know everyone needs their services and all they give a chit about is money:ermm:

JUSTINcredible
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
a little off subject but speaking of insurance companies, im still waiting for $2300 bucks from march 18th froom my car accident.

glad you got your stuff back tho, theives suck:grr:

big-guy
05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
a little off subject but speaking of insurance companies, im still waiting for $2300 bucks from march 18th froom my car accident.

glad you got your stuff back tho, theives suck:grr:

You have to call and hassle them. The guy across the street from me backed into my car and his insurance himmed and hawed and gave me a bunch of excuses, adjuster was scheduled then canceled, then rescheduled and canceled, but they finally just sent me a check for the amount of the highest estimate. The thing is, if they can ignore you, they will. They're not in the business of paying claims. And every day they can hold onto your money and make interest, they will.