PDA

View Full Version : i hit a Ffajhin' tree....frame question...

"BLAHH"300!!
05-19-2005, 12:21 AM
..sup'..i hit a tree...

...Rolled out in first, pulled her up in 2nd, 3rd, 4th tried to set it down (no rear brakes,) couln't, bike was balanced perfectly i guess... tried to bail,put mty left leg in the grab bar, but my right leg got cought on the right wheel, witch sucked me TO the bike and down on the right side, left front tire hit a tree, kicked the back of the bike around to the right, threw me to the right, and into another tree and the bike came behind me....right rear rim pinned my right arm to the tree....CRACK

...Broke my arm,..excuse me, shattered my arm...Bent left rim, and tweeked my frame...:blah: ....sux

Anyway, I found another frame, but it's at a salvage yard, The guy said The frame has been notched for the 350X motor.

MY Question....
...will this "Notch" make the frame weaker?
if so, if i Patch it by welding in a plate or something, will it be noticeable, or will it be covered by the plastic, or something?

i've always planned on downshifting and torquing the front end down in a case like this, but there just wassn't enugh time.....
.....Just goes to show....Guys be carefull,
When in doubt, don't ride it out...

polaris bob
05-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear about that!

But... Quote.....i've always planned on downshifting and torquing the front end down in a case like this, but there just wasn't enough time.....
.....Just goes to show....Guys be careful,
When in doubt, don't ride it out...

Or ..........make sure your brakes are in working order before trying any kind of stunt!

cdalejef
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
If he's talking about the notch to clear the oil line then it will be fine.